The criminal justice system really does work

Well I suppose they did leave their window open and lead him into temptation,which was an offence at one time in the army,ie leaving your wallet around for somebody to nick.The only answer is to mine the windowsills to blow the little scrote to bits and thereby save a fortune on his next 30 years in prison.

It´s a sad world where you can´t leave a window open without an army of pikeys forming ranks of 3 to take their turn to pillage your property,and of course get compo if they cut their fingers whilst slitting your throat,Britain in the 21st Century,bloody wonderfull :(

F**king love "Restorative Justice" I do, catch a scrote robbing call Police, they rock up and make them apologise, "Oh and they'll write an apology".
Scum walks out of store and we've watched them get outside on cctv and break into shit eating big smiles a they can't believe their luck.
This has happened for large volume thefts as well as for Minor shite like #kids nicking sweets.

Another shining example of "Education education education" at it's finest.

Poor spelling and grammar as well.
I believe he just but only just attained the pass mark for A** in English Language ... thank goodness for standards .

I wonder if he can spell and punctuate but chooses not to, because there are more sympathy miles in semi-literacy ?

Going back many years I recall some yobs gatecrashing a party and pouring meths into the drinks etc. A girl became upset and Met Police arrived. A dog handler of Yorkshire origin. He said something in a yob's ear and they all sloped out and sat quietly in their cars for the rest of the night.

The copper had whispered that the girl is Charlie Kray's daughter. He said that little fib used to save him and his dog an awful amount of work. As for them not driving off till they were sober next morning. That was his lie about keen trainee constables lurking with breathalyser bags. Funny how the beggars weren't frightened oif police but their backsides went sixpences and half crowns when they thought the Krays might send a representative to discuss matters.

TheIronDuke

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
When I saw this thing this morning I thought "Good". The little tosser has at least been honest for once in his dismal life, and the idea that a probation / prison officer can say "Now Desmond, if you write a nice letter to the people you robbed / mugged / did over, it will count towards your rehabilitation and enable you to get out of nick and go on an outward bound course to Devon" makes me puke. If the little shit broke into my gaff, got nicked then wrote saying 'Sorry' it would go straight back to the nick with detailed instructions for its safe storage somewhere warm.

Any instances of scumbags writing to say sorry when they didnt get nicked? Thought not. PC hypocrisy.

As ever, 'TheIronDuke' is spot on with his observations - spot on.

Writing sorry letters - a public birching, with trousers down is what is really needed, or maybe a 9 mm bullet through the temple in 'self defence'.

I think the burglar's response is 100% more honest than the letters of "apology" written on the orders of a judge.

Plus this one had some bostin crime prevention advice as a bonus.

the softley softley aproach to crime is meant ot be for youngsters who have erred in some minor way, its also meant as a method of stopping the stupidity of prosecuting a youth for the theft of under 75£'s worth of goods since the court costs alone are massivly disproportionate to the crime, and its only meant ot be used once, fully logged including photo of individual concerned so that should they comit another offence however petty a stronger action can be used instantly, of course plod's not exactly keen on doing paperwork since it takes them off there real job of policing but with all the cutbacks there support staff all went missing and they have ot do thats themselves now so more often than not its taking weeks or months to input everything correctly.

The con of reasonable force began after we dealt with Napoleon. Thomas Paine had been a pain and set people to thinking. America and France had revolutions and Royalty was a bit nervous. Industry wanted education so the workforce could so sums about lathe turning and the like. So govt then got the nerves. The Monarch is protected from overthrow by treason law. But govt has no protection against political argument even from oiks. Hence Rowan and Mayne and creation of state funded police. Put away ye quarter staves and back swords and jack knives and belaying pins peasants. Our new police force is only going to have a bit of chippy wood and a whistle.

The peasants thought well policing by the people, for the people with the consent of the peoplke sounds good. And even though now able to do sums they saw no reason to be worried that with the advent of police forces the ratio of constables to citizens went from 1 in 14,000 to around 1 in 400.

What was required vis a vis the reasonable force con was something exotic and what better than the oriental and the pensmanship of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ?

So cunning little Japs were slipped into Lancashire to learn catch wrestling. Then a couple of decades later they marketed it as jujitsu. Clearly catch wrestling was a highly skilled brutally tough working class sport for cloggies. But call a dilution of its skills "Jujitsu" and make man of scientific detection and reason, yer Sherlock Holmes, a master of Bartitsu Japanese wrestling. Bob's yer uncle the middle classes are convinced that with the skills of timing and balance reasonable force can subdue a villain.

Getting the police on board with this idea of disarming the public, whilst they were only allowed a length of wood and a whistle, was a tad more difficult. Because they tended to know, in an empirical sense, that a smack on the jaw and a kick in the bollocks was better than block and bar and wrist crank and hammerlock police self defence systems.

Generations of trainee constables were taught full waist turn, swan neck wrist crank, hammerlock. straight arm lever etc. And instructors would wink and say "You need that to pass yer training but by the way it doesn't work".

The con is still in full momentum. Anguished householders lament about what would be construed as reasonable sel;f defence or reasonable force. Barristers make a fortune by examining the bollocks in court. And villainy, the one faction of society never taken in by the con, are still laughing.

Why, when I was doing all that karate and jujitsu malarkey, I never once stopped to ask "By the way did an unarmed Jap peasant, possessed of these empty hand fighting skills, ever once get the better of a Samurai hacking at him with a katana ?" No I kept parting with my training fees and grading fees.

Even a simple question eluded me as I parted with my money. If these reasonable force skills are so great why do judo and MMA fight in weight categories ?

There are the police trained in reasonable force techniques and believing that tiny men and women can do the job of a huge powerful man. By the simple application of timing and balance.

On the principle that to find the most efficient way to do a job ask a lazy man. If you want to know if you are being conned on the basis of a tendency to obey law ... then look to see what a villain finds amusing.

Because I bet it isn't being maimed by a householder. But I bet after that treatment the recidivism rate would improve.

TheIronDuke

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
the softley softley aproach to crime is meant ot be for youngsters who have erred in some minor way, its also meant as a method of stopping the stupidity of prosecuting a youth for the theft of under 75£'s worth of goods since the court costs alone are massivly disproportionate to the crime, and its only meant ot be used once, fully logged including photo of individual concerned so that should they comit another offence however petty a stronger action can be used instantly, of course plod's not exactly keen on doing paperwork since it takes them off there real job of policing but with all the cutbacks there support staff all went missing and they have ot do thats themselves now so more often than not its taking weeks or months to input everything correctly.
Burglary, whilst the family is asleep in the house is not "for youngsters who have erred in some minor way". It is ******* burglary. Silly little twats who nick stuff under £75 might, maybe be able to get away with writing a 'Sorry' letter but I would hope they did it while a big ****-off desk Sargent was swinging the cell keys and telling The Animal (plain clothes DS, fat, ugly and stinking of whiskey) that "this is not the jedi you are looking for".