The Cricket World Cup

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by down_under, Mar 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just heard on the radio that we won yet another game against, of all people the Scots. Didn't know they played. Must just be there for the grog. Hopefully England we be up for it in this comp. :thumright:

2. You didn't win. Scotland's performance was like a mouse raping an elephant :thumright:

3. What's the position re Scottish & Northern Irish cricketers? I thought that they could play for England (ref that Ulster born bloke who went through the Aussie academy, then played for England). Could they play for both countries (at different times)?

Also, what's the correct name for the England team? Somebody told me it's really England & Wales, somebody else said it's really the MCG.

Apologies of these are stupid questions, not that well read up on cricket.

4. I believe the correct name for the pommy team is The England and Wales Cricket Club, as to Scots and Irish playing for England this would be the case if they were playing under normal conditions, however these two countries have teams in the Cup so they would naturally wanna play for their own country. As for you not being well read on cricket, I found this to be the norm when I was on Long Look in 05 during the Ashes series when most blokes didn't really care for cricket 'cepting for the beating of Australia, which brings out the best in English patriotisms. Apart from losing the Ashes '05, which sucked, it was a great atmosphere.

5. The CWC is the opposite of the X-Factor.

You watch the X-Factor for the first 3 episodes to see the mongs.

In this, you watch the last 3 to actually see the decent games.

6. Unless you were watching Ireland V Zimbabwe...a surprisingly good game.

7. Well done the mighty Ireland.

Pakistan are shitting themselves

8. Don't know if anyones interested but Bangladesh are smashing India to pieces at the moment

9. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Damn right they are! IRELAND need 80 odd from 32 overs with 8 wickets left against Pakistan.

10. Pinch me

Come on Ireland!

11. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

70-4 after 24. Making hard work of it

12. Watching both now on sky active. Bangladesh and Ireland teams playing very good sensible cricket.

Looks like cracking atmospheres from both grounds

13. Don't know about you hairyhandbag but wish i was there or thereabouts watching the cricket in the evening sun with a few cans of redstripe!!!

14. I don't believe that Bangladesh have beaten India and Ireland look like they'll beat Pakistan by default as they've gone off for bad light!!
    Then again,i suppose the Irish side should be called a Southern Hemisphere XI!

15. Who would have thought we would have run out of bar work in Ireland for these people to do!