• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

The Cricket World Cup

#1
Just heard on the radio that we won yet another game against, of all people the Scots. Didn't know they played. Must just be there for the grog. Hopefully England we be up for it in this comp. :thumright:
 
#2
down_under said:
Just heard on the radio that we won yet another game against, of all people the Scots. Didn't know they played. Must just be there for the grog. Hopefully England we be up for it in this comp. :thumright:
You didn't win. Scotland's performance was like a mouse raping an elephant :thumright:
 
#3
What's the position re Scottish & Northern Irish cricketers? I thought that they could play for England (ref that Ulster born bloke who went through the Aussie academy, then played for England). Could they play for both countries (at different times)?

Also, what's the correct name for the England team? Somebody told me it's really England & Wales, somebody else said it's really the MCG.

Apologies of these are stupid questions, not that well read up on cricket.
 
#4
Pork_Pie said:
What's the position re Scottish & Northern Irish cricketers? I thought that they could play for England (ref that Ulster born bloke who went through the Aussie academy, then played for England). Could they play for both countries (at different times)?

Also, what's the correct name for the England team? Somebody told me it's really England & Wales, somebody else said it's really the MCG.

Apologies of these are stupid questions, not that well read up on cricket.
I believe the correct name for the pommy team is The England and Wales Cricket Club, as to Scots and Irish playing for England this would be the case if they were playing under normal conditions, however these two countries have teams in the Cup so they would naturally wanna play for their own country. As for you not being well read on cricket, I found this to be the norm when I was on Long Look in 05 during the Ashes series when most blokes didn't really care for cricket 'cepting for the beating of Australia, which brings out the best in English patriotisms. Apart from losing the Ashes '05, which sucked, it was a great atmosphere.
 
#5
The CWC is the opposite of the X-Factor.

You watch the X-Factor for the first 3 episodes to see the mongs.

In this, you watch the last 3 to actually see the decent games.
 
#6
Praetorian said:
In this, you watch the last 3 to actually see the decent games.
Unless you were watching Ireland V Zimbabwe...a surprisingly good game.
 
#9
BlotBangRub said:
Well done the mighty Ireland.

Pakistan are shitting themselves
Damn right they are! IRELAND need 80 odd from 32 overs with 8 wickets left against Pakistan.
 
#11
70-4 after 24. Making hard work of it
 
#12
Watching both now on sky active. Bangladesh and Ireland teams playing very good sensible cricket.

Looks like cracking atmospheres from both grounds
 
#14
I don't believe that Bangladesh have beaten India and Ireland look like they'll beat Pakistan by default as they've gone off for bad light!!
Then again,i suppose the Irish side should be called a Southern Hemisphere XI!
 
#16
Pork_Pie said:
What's the position re Scottish & Northern Irish cricketers? I thought that they could play for England (ref that Ulster born bloke who went through the Aussie academy, then played for England). Could they play for both countries (at different times)?

Also, what's the correct name for the England team? Somebody told me it's really England & Wales, somebody else said it's really the MCG.

Apologies of these are stupid questions, not that well read up on cricket.
I've always heard the England's Cricket team referred to as MCC. Marlebourne Cricket Club,I believe.
One of these days I am looking forward to seeing the Army team taking part in WCC.
 
#17
No matter - Pakistan will be out of the World Cup if they lose and Ireland in the last 8.
 
#18
Congratsto Bangladesh, excellent cricket all round, good shout to Ganguly for praising the winners.
Looking forward to India v Sri Lanka.

It could be that Ireland may win on the Duckworth Lewis (20 Overs played) if they don't come back, but the covers are coming off and more rain on the way.
HH
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top