• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

The Crabs have bent a Hawk

B

Biscuits_AB

As it crashed inside the college, will it be considered like a 'Traffic Accident in Barracks'?

Apparently (PPrune being the source):

1. It's a Red Arrows cab (edit - some other sources now say that it isn't)
2. The jet didn't 'come down', it landed and the u/c collapsed
3. The u/c collapse sent the aircraft off the runway and into the ATC car park
4. Crew parted company with errant steed and hopefully OK, but transported to QEMC.

Edit - Pprune has already started discussing whether or not this invalidates the insurance of any cars damaged in the incident...

Archimedes said:
Apparently (PPrune being the source):

1. It's a Red Arrows cab (edit - some other sources now say that it isn't)
2. The jet didn't 'come down', it landed and the u/c collapsed
3. The u/c collapse sent the aircraft off the runway and into the ATC car park
4. Crew parted company with errant steed and hopefully OK, but transported to QEMC.

Edit - Pprune has already started discussing whether or not this invalidates the insurance of any cars damaged in the incident...
Interesting point. I was working in Netheravon when Direct Line excluded airfields from their policy and I wondered whether they would have done a runner had I claimed for an accident on the camp! When and where does the airfield end?

Thank Heaven no-one was seriously injured.

Litotes

S

Screw_The_Nut

The_Cheat said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
Can't afford to break anymore, can we?
To be fair, the Harrier that went down a few months ago was flown by the Navy... Navy should stick to boats.
And RAF should stick to civvie street! :roll:

Latest Threads