The Crabs have bent a Hawk

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Aug 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Can't afford to break anymore, can we?
  3. As it crashed inside the college, will it be considered like a 'Traffic Accident in Barracks'?
  4. Apparently (PPrune being the source):

1. It's a Red Arrows cab (edit - some other sources now say that it isn't)
    2. The jet didn't 'come down', it landed and the u/c collapsed
    3. The u/c collapse sent the aircraft off the runway and into the ATC car park
    4. Crew parted company with errant steed and hopefully OK, but transported to QEMC.

Edit - Pprune has already started discussing whether or not this invalidates the insurance of any cars damaged in the incident...
  5. To be fair, the Harrier that went down a few months ago was flown by the Navy... Navy should stick to boats.

T C
  6. Interesting point. I was working in Netheravon when Direct Line excluded airfields from their policy and I wondered whether they would have done a runner had I claimed for an accident on the camp! When and where does the airfield end?

Thank Heaven no-one was seriously injured.

7. Reckon the provost staff stuck an illegally parked sticker on it?
  8. Mr_Fingerz

More likely the local cops have put "Police Aware" signs and tape around it.
  9. And RAF should stick to civvie street! :roll:
  10. Mr_Fingerz

Ah the old adage:

Sail Army; Fly Navy; Eat Crab.

11. By 20.00hrs. it'll have a pikey clamp on it :D Hope the crew made it unscathed.
  12. If we did we might actually get funded properly :?