The "Cowboy" Saves his own Secret Service Agent

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by PTCrusader, Nov 23, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Gotta love this story. That is, all us "Red Staters" whether or not we actually have the good luck to live in one. The NY Times and the Washington Post didn't even report it. They hadn't heard Dubya won the elction and are still trying to defeat him, haha. When the Post did the story they were snide about it. I can only guess what tack the Brit press takes on this.

And Chilean jornalists? Priceless~~

Hey, guys, we LIKE cowboys up here. You think Bush was insulted, abashed, or hurt? :lol:

On a more sobering note, one journalist wrote that maybe Bush saved his own life.

That's getting out there, even for me, but, hey, who knows?

Hey, I think Clinton would have done the same thing--except he'd have sent Hillary... Those Chilean twerps have no clue how lucky they were. :wink:
  2. :D I love cowboys! And, I think it is GREAT that we have a BALLSY president.
  3. Some people are just too easily impressed.

4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Presumably if the Pres's staff had researched the visit thoroughly they could have prevented the situation arising in the first place. Highly amusing though.
  5. Or it just may have been Chilean security that caused the incident. I suspect president Lagos wont be receiving an invite to the ranch anytime soon.
  6. I'll bet he'll be gutted to hear that..... no ranchtime, bummer :lol:
  7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I gather the situation arose because the Chilean president was not prepared to allow the US to dictate security arrangements in his country. This could almost certainly have been foreseen, and a decision taken either to cancel the visit, or respect the wishes of the host nation.

The result of the cock-up is a loss of dignity for the USA, offence to Chile and the potential exposure of the president to an assassination attempt. Mind you, he then went on to look absurd in a poncho, so maybe dignity isn't important to him.

When Bush43 visited London the US determined that they wanted to have the world's supply of guns and unfeasibly large vehicles full of clowns in sunglasses on the streets of London. Bliar naturally agreed, but I recall that during the build up it was reported that Bush43 would have stayed at home and sulked if he couldn't have his own way.
  8. virobono wrote

You know who looks GOOD in a poncho?

our Lady 'Raquel'!

9. got nothing to do with me though :wink:
  10. The President of the US is the top terrorist target in the world so security naturally will be a major concern for those charged with protecting his person.
  11. I love cowboys. They're fun to ride. 8O
  12. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

All the more reason for them to do their research thoroughly, then. Having the top terrorist target visiting your country is also a major concern for the citizens of that country, bringing as it does a greater risk of terrorist attack. History tells us, however, that US presidents tend to be the victims of their own citizens, so maybe visiting other countries provides something of a breathing space for the men in sunglasses.