The Country's gone mad

Serious subject for once but Ireland appears to have gone mad. Last week a 14 year old girl, Ana Kriegel, was beaten to death in Dublin and the suspects appear to be a group of teenage boys.

DNA results due today as gardaí expecting arrests over Ana murder - Independent.ie

On Saturday evening in Co. Wicklow, a man abducted a young woman, Jastine Valdez, from the roadside. Witnesses gave the registration number of the car to the Gardai and last night when confronted by an armed Garda, he produced a knife and was fatally wounded. The young lady is still on the missing list.

Suspect in Jastine case shot dead as search for missing student intensifies - Independent.ie

While these events are not unprecedented, they are not all that usual. I hope the missing woman turns up safe and well.

Serious subject for once but Ireland appears to have gone mad. Last week a 14 year old girl, Ana Kriegel, was beaten to death in Dublin and the suspects appear to be a group of teenage boys.

DNA results due today as gardaí expecting arrests over Ana murder - Independent.ie

On Saturday evening in Co. Wicklow, a man abducted a young woman, Jastine Valdez, from the roadside. Witnesses gave the registration number of the car to the Gardai and last night when confronted by an armed Garda, he produced a knife and was fatally wounded. The young lady is still on the missing list.

Suspect in Jastine case shot dead as search for missing student intensifies - Independent.ie

While these events are not unprecedented, they are not all that usual. I hope the missing woman turns up safe and well.
An awful account, that beating to death of that poor woman. The bastards that did it deserve life behind bars.

2 different cases here guys

14 year old girl reported missing and found death in a derelict building, naked, possibly sexual assaulted, beaten to death - 2 boys are in the frame it would appear

24 year old woman abducted (apparently at random) from the city of the road on her way home by a 40 year old family man (apparently normal joe soap). Gardai found him and he was shot death after he lunged at them with a knife. A body has been discovered.

Previous conviction 20 years ago I heard (nothing related)
I was going by early accounts on the radio. It seems unlikely that this was a first offence and that the victim was chosen at random.

I was going by early accounts on the radio. It seems unlikely that this was a first offence and that the victim was chosen at random.
He has an assault conviction from 20 years ago head butting someone in a pub

He has a previous motoring related conviction and was due before the courts in relation to suspected drink driving

The is currently no known link between the victim and murderer

Paul Williams: Violent abduction raises the spectre of ‘Ireland’s Missing Women’ - Independent.ie

The case of the abducted woman did indeed raise memories of Ireland's missing women, a series of unsolved disappearances over 20 years ago.

Ireland's Vanishing Triangle - Wikipedia
It does and a lot more who don’t Make the headlines.

Personally i wouldn’t imagine he was implicated in these given his age at the time.

There has however been a number of random attacks on women in the last 2 years or so near a railway station that isn’t a million miles away thought. But very very different MO

A Philllipino community group has set up a go fund me account to pay For the victim’s body to be returned home.

Target €10,000

Raised so far € 84,000

Was the dead guilty person a member of the travelling community?
I didn't think there were any left in Eire as they all seem to be UK-side, blighting all our lives.

I didn't think there were any left in Eire as they all seem to be UK-side, blighting all our lives.
Officially I have read there are only 20,000 Travellers in the ROI. Which is odd since there seems to be 20,000 on every halting site. I assume they are not great at filling out the Census forms.