• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

The country you all serve is in danger!

If anyone here has followed the election results in the UK these past few days, you`ll all know that the SNP-a bunch of seperatists in Scotland won by one seat. Although its true that their victory is pretty much attributed to an anti Blair vote rather than a pro independence vote, the UK is still in danger.

Many people particularly in the army will know that the army fights with a Scottish spine-the country you all serve may well dissolve as a result of nothing but a protest vote against Labour.

Please ppl, sign this petition to make the PM defend the Union of the British state-lets not let the nation which destroyed Hitler, mussolini and even, going far enougth back, Napoleon, end with a whimper.

sign the petition for Britain.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Britain-United/

Correct me if I'm wrong here but the Scottish parliament has no authority to split Scotland from England.

Even if they voted yes in a referendum, a vote in Westminster would be required to change the Act of Union. The Scottish parliament could no more create an independent Scotland than North Lincolnshire Council could create an independent Scunthorpe!

Ancient_Mariner said:
Correct me if I'm wrong here but the Scottish parliament has no authority to split Scotland from England.

Even if they voted yes in a referendum, a vote in Westminster would be required to change the Act of Union. The Scottish parliament could no more create an independent Scotland than North Lincolnshire Council could create an independent Scunthorpe!
yea but there would be quite a moral argument that the UK parliament should abide by a Scots decision- which if ignored could escalate into civil unreast.

Im not saying it will happen-chances are this is a flash in the pan, more a reaction against labour than anything-the unionist parties-tory, lib dem and labour have, when their seats combined, a lot more seats than the SNP, however, reminding the PM that there are still some people interested in a UK is no bad thing

Okay, I'm bored - I'll bite.

What exactly do you intend to do if the majority of Jockanese do vote to leave the UK?

Just what do you mean by "Defend the historic union....."? Angry words or invasion?

Excuse us if we fail to see the past 30 years in Northern Ireland a shining beacon of democracy.

And for the record - I see no point swapping London for Brussels, just interested in your plans. 8O

abparty said:
If anyone here has followed the election results in the UK these past few days, you`ll all know that the SNP-a bunch of seperatists in Scotland won by one seat. Although its true that their victory is pretty much attributed to an anti Blair vote rather than a pro independence vote, the UK is still in danger.

Many people particularly in the army will know that the army fights with a Scottish spine-the country you all serve may well dissolve as a result of nothing but a protest vote against Labour.

Please ppl, sign this petition to make the PM defend the Union of the British state-lets not let the nation which destroyed Hitler, mussolini and even, going far enougth back, Napoleon, end with a whimper.

sign the petition for Britain.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Britain-United/
Really? The best analysts and spinmeisters money can buy can't say that definitively. What do you base your conclusion on?

In any case, the UK having been a good thing historically hardly supports it's continued existence; the Empire which imposed peace and prosperity upon Europe and North Africa for centuries was a good thing, but I don't hear anyone crying to be ruled from Rome.

For the record, I voted SNP, but solely to try to get the Labour c*nt out.

Scottish_retard said:
Okay, I'm bored - I'll bite.

What exactly do you intend to do if the majority of Jockanese do vote to leave the UK?
well-id be very unhappy, try to persuade them t o change their mind, nd then if they wouldnt, arrange an amicable split,hopefully with Scotland retaining the queen as head of state

Just what do you mean by "Defend the historic union....."? Angry words or invasion?
nope-just oppose moves to seperate in political democratic methods-be it in westminster when relavent, holyrood when relavent-and use the governemnts publicity to discuss and reconcille people to the Union

Excuse us if we fail to see the past 30 years in Northern Ireland a shining beacon of democracy.

well-the past 30 years were the result of an IRA terror campaign agaisnt the demographic majority-and lest we forget, Scotland is part of the UK that was involved int eh horrors of the troubles

And for the record - I see no point swapping London for Brussels, just interested in your plans. 8O
fair point

i was given to assume that the majority of people on this forum were British army ppl-if those of you opposing the Union are in the British army, or member of this room ,t he question is why-if you oppse the concept of a British state, why be a member of a British army forum or the army itself.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
May I interject at this rather opportune time? Thanks

ABParty, I'm sorry to say this, but the general consensus is (and if it was put to a vote it would be the same) you are a cnut. How dare you suggest that the members of this venerable forum should vote on this petition when you can't even speak the Queen's English yourself!!

I do agree with your sentiments in that the British Army (and the UK in general) does immensely well from the addition of our Scottish brothers and sisters north of the border, and it would be a terrible and sad thing if they ceased to be part of it.

Our Union is under threat like never before ONLY because of this fcuking self-serving and corrupt Labliar party. My only wish is that they all get hung for treason. Notwithstanding this, the greater risk to the Union is the self-same bunch of b@stards selling us out lock, stock and barrel to the European Union, and this includes the Scots. The sellout of the Union for a few votes pales into insignificance when compared to the damage the EU is doing to our customs, laws and democratic freedoms and will continue to do to an ever greater extent in the future.

Your petition is effectively worthless because the damage has already been done to Britain in terms of both the Scots AND the EU. The genie is out of the bottle.

Latest Threads