The cost of the war

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by crabtastic, Jan 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Haven't read the paper yet, but in the mean time- Bloody Hell! 8O

2. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKK!

thats a lot of money to free the iraqis from saddam (and to secure oil for the yanks, subsidise all the US companies who benefited from the war, and provide a handy base from which to project american foreign policy :D )

3. Where´s the surprise?It was clearly stated,by T Blair and others,that the cost of the war would never be recouped by sales of oil.Nobody can accuse him of lying,over this one! :roll:

4. msr

msr LE

I can't help thinking it would have been cheaper to spend this money developing a non-oil based power source....

msr

5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

or indeed revitalizing the US space programme and establishing a self-sustaining manned base on the moon.....That is a lot of tax-dollars thar folks!

6. Surely you mean that's a lot of money to establish an Iranian client state in the middle of the world's major oil reserves. I reckon 12 months to the first joint Iran-Iraq military training exercises.

7. Iran-Iraq joint? madness we will have had war with them by that time!

8. I don't thnk the financial cost of this war is the one we need to be worrying about.