The Corps of Royal Signals

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Cornfed, Nov 23, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there anyone else out there in the Corps of Royal Signals, or am I on my todd? :?
  2. You actually admit to be in that Corps ? :?
  3. I work with lots of Scallies - fine fellows and good lads (in a wholly non sexist way of course).
  4. ... I think the rest of us are in The Royal Corps of Signals
  5. Have to agree its the Royal Corps of Signals, God bless her and all who serve in her!!

Except for me, overworked, underpaid and willing to kid on im with the G1, G2, G3, G4, G5, G6, G7, G8, G9 etc staff, but hey we will do anything you want us to, maybe one day you will reward us, like the Black Watch, or the Royal Scots, or the Prince of Wales Yorkshire Regiment - dohhh, guess we will be told to bugger off, by Geoff Hoon also, we are not busy enough!!! Next time that PERSON wants to land on an airstrip in the middle of 'shrapnel are us', maybe the infantry wont guard him, the Arty wont cover his route in, the RAF wont tip his wings, and the R SIGNALS wont tell anyone when he is coming, when he lands, where he is, or when he is due to go bald. and where he is off to after he lands

Stand By

Should have put this on another site, but, hey ho
  6. Not for me, I'm afraid. Hanging on my wall is a nice scroll from Elizabeth R saying that I'm in the Corps of Royal Signals. Just wondering how many of us there are in this little known Corps? :?:
  7. Cornfed,
    Just checked the big framed thing in my toilet from the same person, its most certainly the Royal Corps of Signals (in fancy writing too). Looks like a photocopy with a signature, Im obviously not that important!!
  8. double checked yet?
  9. Just you by the looks of it cornfed :D
  10. So does mine, but I don't know how they got the corps wrong. I wouldn't be suprised if it's just a Word template that someone fills in now and then, not that I'm particularly bothered!

I wonder if i'm entitled to my own Honorary Colonel? 8) :wink:
  11. msr

msr LE

I've checked it and tis true!

12. CF, does this mean you can post yourself anywhere your heart desires :?:
  13. Well, thinking that I might be missing a trick, I have been to my dusty cupboard, got my scroll out of its postage tube to have a look and it catagorically says that I am in the Royal Corps of Signals.

And just to be on the safe side here is a quote from

14. Cornfed: I reckon in this era of collectables your scroll may be quite valuable like a mis-struck coin or rogue print postage stamp :D
  15. Sounds to me as if some royal flunky has screwed up. Its the Corps of Royal Engineers but the Royal Corps of Signals. I guess that someone wanted to make it clear that Signals were different when they were formed.

Rarity value - doubt it as not many people would know that but you might write to HM to complain. Demand a knighthood as compensation!