• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

The Corps of Royal Signals

Have to agree its the Royal Corps of Signals, God bless her and all who serve in her!!

Except for me, overworked, underpaid and willing to kid on im with the G1, G2, G3, G4, G5, G6, G7, G8, G9 etc staff, but hey we will do anything you want us to, maybe one day you will reward us, like the Black Watch, or the Royal Scots, or the Prince of Wales Yorkshire Regiment - dohhh, guess we will be told to bugger off, by Geoff Hoon also, we are not busy enough!!! Next time that PERSON wants to land on an airstrip in the middle of 'shrapnel are us', maybe the infantry wont guard him, the Arty wont cover his route in, the RAF wont tip his wings, and the R SIGNALS wont tell anyone when he is coming, when he lands, where he is, or when he is due to go bald. and where he is off to after he lands

Stand By

Should have put this on another site, but, hey ho

1920 said:
Have to agree its the Royal Corps of Signals, God bless her and all who serve in her!!
Not for me, I'm afraid. Hanging on my wall is a nice scroll from Elizabeth R saying that I'm in the Corps of Royal Signals. Just wondering how many of us there are in this little known Corps? :?:

Cornfed,
Just checked the big framed thing in my toilet from the same person, its most certainly the Royal Corps of Signals (in fancy writing too). Looks like a photocopy with a signature, Im obviously not that important!!

Looks like a photocopy with a signature
So does mine, but I don't know how they got the corps wrong. I wouldn't be suprised if it's just a Word template that someone fills in now and then, not that I'm particularly bothered!

I wonder if i'm entitled to my own Honorary Colonel? 8) :wink:

Well, thinking that I might be missing a trick, I have been to my dusty cupboard, got my scroll out of its postage tube to have a look and it catagorically says that I am in the Royal Corps of Signals.

And just to be on the safe side here is a quote from www.army.mod.uk

The first official agreement to form a separate Signal Corps was made in 1918, before the end of World War One. Due to various policy delays, the formation of the 'Corps' was delayed until 1920. A Royal Warrant was signed by the Secretary of State for War, the Rt. Hon Winston S Churchill, who gave the Sovereign's approval for the formation of a 'Corps of Signals' on 28th June 1920. Six weeks later, His Majesty the King conferred the title 'Royal Corps of Signals'.

Sounds to me as if some royal flunky has screwed up. Its the Corps of Royal Engineers but the Royal Corps of Signals. I guess that someone wanted to make it clear that Signals were different when they were formed.

Rarity value - doubt it as not many people would know that but you might write to HM to complain. Demand a knighthood as compensation!

Pretty spot on roadster.

The Royal Engineers had existed for years, alongside the Royal Sappers and Miners. When they merged and were large enough they became the Corps of Royal Engineers.

As opposed to both the Royal Corps' of Signals and the Royal Corps' of Transport, who started life both as the Corps of...

I think the full title for the REME is actually Corps of as well don't quote me though.

Think of all those Royal Army XXX Corps too.

Latest Threads