The controversial front page comments / wiki entries

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Jun 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Has been declared unprofessional etc. by a number of people including a user / advertiser. This stuff can easily go. I personally think it adds to the site, but I am also aware than I am only one and that the novelty will soon wear off.

I will hold a vote in a week and if the majority or even a strong minority say we should chop it then I will.
  2. Last I checked this wasn't an official site, but a rumour site. What's wrong with a bit of a laugh. Assuming that the comments don't become too OTT.
  3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I think its quite good and I do like the comments.
  4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Not particularly arrsed either way but they are deffo NOT SAFE FOR WORK!
  5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Yup, agreed. Will not be shown in the work safe theme when it's done, assuming they stay anyway.
  6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Appreciated that it takes time and effort to create new themes, but if we are going to pander to those who should probably be doing something constructive rather than surfing ARRSE by having a "Worksafe" theme, can we have a "Work Unsafe" theme as well?

I find it (the wiki/comments) rather amusing, and would be even better when some more entries get added (content to be moderated somehow?)
  7. I think they are entertaining and should stay! :D
  8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

How about an option to turn them on or off?
  9. "devilish, warning! your image upload DirtyRimmings69.jpg has been quarantined. Show image folder clean at 2200 hours in the Naafi Bar!"

think that may be a good idea GCO, my uploads only ever stretch to "MongsOnPogo-sticks.jpg".......
  10. teach you for skiving auld yin!

I'm a bit lost with the new look of the site, undecided whether I like it, but the comments are something I definately like.
  11. They have my vote to stay...however my boss is wondering what the hell I'm giggling at now! :oops:
  12. I love 'em myself, but perhaps some sort of toggle may be an idea for those at work and who don't have the luxury of their own office
  13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Agreed - a simple insult me / don't insult me + / - type widget is needed.
  14. I love 'em. nothing like a bit of random abuse to bring things into the proper focus.

Life is short, soak it up while you can.
  15. I like them, but agree that they should be moderated to some degree. The Home Page is not the NAAFI Bar and as such should have comments that will not make the average user (military, civilian or scum sucking bottom feeder*) feel that they should hold a piece of paper over the screen to avoid embarrassing themselves.

*AKA Journalists