The conjuring

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by craigh33, Aug 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now I'm always one for a good horror but what I can't stand is a badly made piece of shite. Anybody seen this movie yet? Would you recommend it?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Saw it Saturday
    Not all it's hyped up to be but not bad.
    Usual story of chalk white faced bird being a bit loony and bad tempered.
    They could have saved $20 million and filmed that round ours the third week off the month.

More a case of waiting for something to happen that jump out of yor seat scared.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Which is why horror movies these days are shit, having something suddenly jump out is not scary it is simply a natural reaction to jump because you don't expect it.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using ARRSE mobile app

4. Yes, bring back spinny heads, pea soup vomit and crucifixes as dildoes.

That was really scary stuff!

5. I thought the story was quite engrossing. The 'jumps' are more due to the accompanying loud sound rather than the imagery itself. An old movie trick.

Would have enjoyed the film more if it wasn't for the infantile giggling and comments from a group of teen girls behind us.

Most probably a steady 3 out of 5. Not outstanding, but didn't think it was a total waste of an afternoon either. The missus thought the same.

6. Was kind of expecting that. As long as its not as bad as paranormal activity 4 I will be at least mildly entertained. That movie was the biggest heap of crap I'd ever watched the first ten minuites of.

7. Should be OK then. Going in on Saturday to watch it with some of my mates. Hopefully not with ten year olds in the audience however with a movie like this there will probably be many.

8. 'Hellraiser', now THERE'S a horror movie! "Come to daddy...."

hellraiser-1.jpg

9. I'd call it more arousing than anything.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using ARRSE mobile app

10. I quite enjoyed the Midnight Meat Train.

11. Yes. I imagine your sex life would be a horror story. :wink: