The Complete Military History of France

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Crash_Bandicoot, Jun 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No offence intended but mildy amusing ;) apologies if this has already done the rounds...

highlights include:

- Thirty Years War
    - France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

Panama jungles 1881-1890.
    No one but nature to fight, France still loses; canal is eventually built by the U.S. 1904-1914.
  2. Frog baiting, the finest of British institutions.
  3. Napoleon - one of the greatest military strategists ever, and far superior to anything I am likely to achieve... still lost the war though didn't he?
  4. "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman."
  5. followed by French Military Victories

Move along there's nothing to see here
  6. Is there anyone in Khandahar who can print this out? and stick it up in the NAAFI? It might stop those garlic smelling frogs from hanging around and making the place look untidy.
  7. Google, french war victories then click on the 'Im feeling lucky' button. Says it all really :) :)
  8. they have a mil history sir this must be a whaaaaaaaaaaaa I heard all the frogs could say is I surrender
  9. Seen on ebay:
    'Authentic WWII French rifle circa 1940, excellent condition, never fired, dropped once.'

Although to give them their due, Charlemagne was no slouch.
  10. Can anyone explain why french uniform jackets have a thick yellow line down the back of them?
  11. Very good. :D
  12. Excellent.... :)
  13. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Charlemagne is also known as Karl der Grosse!