The Commandants March and Shoot

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by gobbyidiot, May 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did a search for this and couldn't find a thread....

I was looking at the army website (don't ask, quiet day!) and I saw the piece on the 8.7 mile march and shoot.

http://www.army.mod.uk/hqschinf/itc_catterick/itc_information/combat_infantryman_s_course/index.htm

Now the thing that surprised me was 55lbs. Does anyone know what that includes? I'm assuming it includes everything - it can't be a 55lb bergan on top of webbing, weapon etc, can it?

Averaging 4.35 mph for two hours with 55lb is not too bad if you've some ability, but still a test for many. A 55lb bergan and a load of stuff on top would surely bust half the intake, no?

2. 55lbs sounds suspiciously similar to what them carry.

I wonder if they can see me..

3. 55Lbs is the same weight used by all teeth arms and teeth support arms

Nowt special

4. Errr, its the same as a CFT, so its 25kg. However, Im still not sure if its 25kg plus webbing, weapon and helmet, or 25 including webbing weapon and helmet.

If thats the case, then I've been hard done by for a while now!

5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

AACC:

So not a Hereford load :D

6. Its 25kg 55lbs inc weapon helmet and webbing. But then it depends on how stadistic your pti is some try the old 55lb/25 kg with out webbing weapon. But its all in MATT 2 documentation

7. [.... it depends on how stadistic your pti is some try the old 55lb/25 kg with out webbing weapon...[/quote]

Jesus - quite a step up from the old CFT then.

8. Jesus - quite a step up from the old CFT then.[/quote]

ehh no for us in the infantry and the other teeth support arms its always been 55lb/25kg just depends on the interpretation by PTI. Just quote MATT2 at them and they shut up.

9. Of course 'they' can! 'They' know everything.....sssshhhhush!

10. charlotte, Proper_job, you're on their list now!