The Coming Impeachment?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Trip_Wire, Oct 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

2. Dude, don't tell me you believe this crap from this crap site.Anybody that gives Ann Coulter a pass is suspect.

This is a classic propaganda tactic being used here.Assign wild claims to your opponent in the hopes of turning public opinion against him.

As far as impeaching Bush goes, I for one don't see anything terribly wrong with that.I voted for that fecker too.

3. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Did I say that I believed the article? No, I said it was an interesting article.

How one chooses to interpret such an article, is their own choice and may well differ, based on the individual, his/her politics and nationality, as well as many other factors.

As a matter of fact, my choice is that such a thing happening has (0) zero chance of happening or even getting a good start; however, the article does point out the weird ideas of a few democrats. :roll:

4. I am not sufficently trained in US law to say if the artical is of the standard required for an impeachment of Bush.
    However I am of the opinion that Bush and his Poodle Blur did run a War of Agression against Iraq.
    Detestable as Sadam is, there has never been any serious suggestion that Sadam was a threat to either US or UK and as such a War cannot be 'Legally" started.
    john

5. Hear, hear. Then they are going to kill Hussein the precious commodity who knows those streets like 'the back of mi and'. :)

6. The key for us over the impeachment is that President Bush 'misled' the American public over prewar intelligence. Does that sound familiar?
    So what will happen in the UK ref the 'dossier' and just about everything in it found to be false int. Clearly there wasn't a single trace of green slime on it. Will the (apparent) right or far left in the UK impeach Bliar (as was first heard on BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3600438.stm) back in August? Hmmmm. Interesting.

7. You can see the headline now:

ARRSE calls for Blair to be impeached.

But as long as he's got such a loyal party behind him, he need not worry!

8. It'll never happen, even if the Dems regain both Houses of Congress. The 2/3 vote required in the Senate will see to that. Having said that, there can be little doubt that articles of impeachment would be justified due to the flagrant disregard the Administration has for both the Constitution, the legislative process and legislative oversight. Getting a nosh off a porky intern pales in comparison to what these choppers have been allowed to get up to over the past 6 years.

What a Democratic majority might bring to the table is a return to the system of checks and balances which will ensure that Monkey Boy and his legion cannot ride roughshod over the US Constitution and maybe even a sensible political discourse on the direction that the country is going.