For Inspection The Collated Pacific Group Build Thread

Ah yes, the bloody jet lag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yup - thats the one. Its currently 2120hrs according to my body clock and I've got a full day to put in.

Anyway.

IMG_1495.jpg

Quite a bit of thinking to do about wear and tear looking at the real one, and there is a danger I may finish this one

Just about to make a start on making the masks for the insignia for the Dauntless. A little tip for anyone new to building - you will pay a shed load for masking tape from the like of tamiya, where as this stuff (yes its the same stuff) is a couple of quid a roll and you get a zillion miles of the stuff

IMG_1721.jpg

B&Q do it, wickes and builders merchants

What it says on the tin :) Please post your completed builds in here

Last edited:
1/48 F6F-3 Hellcat Weekend Edition completed on Aug 12, 2018 as part of the group build
3.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a6.jpg

a31.jpg

IMG_20180812_194640.jpg

IMG_20180812_194658.jpg

IMG_20180812_194718.jpg

side.jpg

well spotted, I built this as a direct comparison to Si's Hi tech modern version, the original guns in the kit were laudable, an SBD on a budget so to speak, still, at least my model photography is up to scratch.
Make no mistake you did beautifully with the kit and its painting and presentation in a dive. WELL above my skill sets

@Helm - this is a dauntless mate if you can dig out the posts and populate that dauntless build thread I started (pretty please).... Its the only thing I've done in this thread
IMG_1846.jpg

so a bit more progress tonight

IMG_1848.jpg

This is best applied to a gloss black undercoat. Its stunning stuff - you name the effect and shade and you can get it, but its weird to apply as its got the consistency of water.

IMG_1847.jpg

but the finish is top banana (as they say). Bit of rust on that and its done. Prop also ready for a top coat of black once I mask the bits I dont want spraying. Basically, this is just about ready for a coat of gloss varnish once its assembled. Its getting close....... Will I ever finish anything?

Latest Threads