The Cold War is back......

Discussion in 'Strategic Defence & Spending Review (SDSR)' started by velcrostripes, May 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Russia isn't quite the bear it was. I doubt it has the ability or the capacity to fight a major war against NATO whilst quelling all its internal rebellions.

2. Shush MiT, this might keep the TA in a job

• Like Like x 1
  3. MiT taps nose in a conspiratorial manner whilst attempting to look intelligent.

• Like Like x 3
  4. I've a bad back but if someone can help me to get in a prone position I'm ready.

• Like Like x 5
  5. and if anyone falls for that they deserve everything they get.

both centimetres of it

6. So does that mean that the mfo box of crap in the loft may come in handy?

7. WEYHEY! Who needs tanks - they were always bust anyway. Break out the .................... SLRs and ................ Charlie Gs. Sorted.

8. The cack arms dealers will get newpapers to write about, no doubt fuelled by an independant politician or nine, is absolutely brilliant.
    Luvit!

9. It's all a big ploy by someone in BFG hoping to keep the LOA going a bit longer.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Has someone told the Germans? They've got a lot of experience of fighting in Poland

• Like Like x 1
  11. I find it sad that the once great Russian bear is reduced to stamping its little feet threatening a 'preemptive strike' on a defensive weapon system.

I mean, how silly are you going to be launching missiles at a system designed to defend against missiles? If the system works, and it most probably will, they give the US two things....

a) a live system test.

b) proof that the system is needed.

Win, win for one side, lose, lose and red faces (RED, geddit?) all round for the Russians.

Sent from my iPad using ARRSE

• Like Like x 2
  12. This is just a counter ploy by the German Herforder Pils brewery - Germany's GDP relies on Herfy sales in decline of late.

13. Tsk. Sex is all you think about! ^_^

14. I've got Threads on DVD. The Mrs has never seen it. I might put it on tonight.