• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

The Clock Spider

ARRSErs all - I need help.

I am looking for the second and third 'Clock Spider' pictures. I have the first already.

If someone has them, can they post them here so I can rip them - do not post links to them please. Every connection I have tried gives up.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, this is 'Clock Spider 1' taken just before the clock was eaten.

Cheers. :D

Darth_Doctrinus said:
ARRSErs all - I need help.

I am looking for the second and third 'Clock Spider' pictures. I have the first already.

If someone has them, can they post them here so I can rip them - do not post links to them please. Every connection I have tried gives up.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, this is 'Clock Spider 1' taken just before the clock was eaten.

Cheers. :D
Here is the second image - confusingly called Spider 1...

This is (allegedly) the 3rd photo (although the host calls it spider 2.....)

:D

For those of you who have absolutely no idea what Darth is on about, have a look at the Wikipedia entry.

Wikipedia said:
The Clock Spider is an internet meme consisting of three photographs of a massive huntsman spider. The Clock Spider is a spider who, according to members of the Web community, "ate" a wall clock. Obviously, it was simply hiding behind the clock, and the photographer removed the clock to take the latter photos.

Three pictures of the spider exist. The first picture shows four of the spider's legs poking out from behind the clock, between 7 and 9 on the clock. The second picture shows the wall from a distance with the clock removed, revealing that the spider is very large and hairy. The third picture is a close-up of the spider itself. Contrary to popular belief, the pictures have not been altered with image editing software and are in fact real pictures of a real spider hidden behind a common wall clock.
:roll:

Bad_Crow said:
An internet meme is basically a random phenomenon where some fairly insignificant video/photo/article becomes massively popular for no apparent reason. The Spider behind the clock is actually genuine - no photoshop trickery....

Some random UI bloke posted the pictures on his website - bizarrely they became massively popular.

Internet meme usually vanish back into obscurity with the same speed they became popular - but it is nearly always possible to find traces of the original if you look hard enough.

Regards,

Ghostie

PS - Darth, no problems mate :D

The Wikipedia entry has a vast array of information relating to the huntsman spider.

Huntsman spiders is a common name given to the family Sparassidae (formerly Heteropodidae). These spiders are found in Australia, New Zealand, S.E. Asia, the Middle East in areas near the Mediterranean Sea, Florida and Hawaii in the U.S., and quite possibly in many other tropical and semi-tropical areas
For further details, see the link at the top of this post.

Ghost

This originated on somethingawful.com, and like all funny stuff that started off there, has since been claimed as invented/discovered by every fucker goin :D

Ghost_Rider said:
Bad_Crow said:
An internet meme is basically a random phenomenon where some fairly insignificant video/photo/article becomes massively popular for no apparent reason. The Spider behind the clock is actually genuine - no photoshop trickery....

Some random UI bloke posted the pictures on his website - bizarrely they became massively popular.

Internet meme usually vanish back into obscurity with the same speed they became popular - but it is nearly always possible to find traces of the original if you look hard enough.

Regards,

Ghostie

PS - Darth, no problems mate :D
Feck me, there's a whole world out there that, thankfully, I continue to know feck all about.

Anybody got any pictures of chicks with their bangers out? :D

Latest Threads