The Clock Spider

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Proximo, Dec 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ARRSErs all - I need help.

I am looking for the second and third 'Clock Spider' pictures. I have the first already.

If someone has them, can they post them here so I can rip them - do not post links to them please. Every connection I have tried gives up.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, this is 'Clock Spider 1' taken just before the clock was eaten.

Cheers. :D
  2. No comment....
  3. Perhaps the clock just hadn't waxed for a while.
  4. Here is the second image - confusingly called Spider 1...

This is (allegedly) the 3rd photo (although the host calls it spider 2.....)

5. For those of you who have absolutely no idea what Darth is on about, have a look at the Wikipedia entry.

6. Ghost - cheers mate, you're a star! :D
  7. That is deeply unpleasant.
  8. Lost!
  9. Thankfully, the spider's legs worn by 'er indoors aren't that big...............
  10. An internet meme is basically a random phenomenon where some fairly insignificant video/photo/article becomes massively popular for no apparent reason. The Spider behind the clock is actually genuine - no photoshop trickery....

Some random UI bloke posted the pictures on his website - bizarrely they became massively popular.

Internet meme usually vanish back into obscurity with the same speed they became popular - but it is nearly always possible to find traces of the original if you look hard enough.

PS - Darth, no problems mate :D
  11. I'm glad i've had a bottle of wine before reading this. It makes such sense now!!!!!
  12. Cheers ghostie. I was having a right confuzzled moment then!
  13. this might seem a bit dumb but what country are this species of spider from? :oops:
  14. The Wikipedia entry has a vast array of information relating to the huntsman spider.

For further details, see the link at the top of this post.

15. This originated on, and like all funny stuff that started off there, has since been claimed as invented/discovered by every fucker goin :D