The Cliché Thread

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tremaine, Sep 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this has been done before I did do a search but couldn't find it

Just a thought that a cliché thread is long overdue , but at the end of the day , it's either boring as fcuk or has potential for a boss thread :) Hole or Goal?

Tally 5

"A cliche is an analogy characterized by its overuse. It may be true ('Fat as a pig'), no longer true ('work like a dog') or inscrutible ('right as rain'), but it has been overused to the point that its sole function is to mark its user as a lazy thinker." Expressions made up one afternoon can't be cliches for this very reason.
  2. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

When all is said and done, at the end of the day, and, I mean no disrespect here, you're simply flying a kite.
  3. You've run this one up the flagpole, but it appears no one's going to salute it.
  4. And a respectable 4 there :)

Rocking mate, but is that really the bottom line and as far it goes?
  5. There's a phenomenally long thread on this somewhere, I'll have a dig.
  6. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

You can bet your bottom dollar there is, it certainly rings a bell, so there's no need to re-invent the wheel. I'll help look, leaving no stone unturned. Many hands make light work. No rest for the wicked, hey?
  7. Thanks. Could you be more pacific?
  8. You're in your own time now.
  9. Could you just expand on that last comment? Cliche, its not rocket science :)
  10. Sounds very much like 'army ds phrase book'. Check out 'now that's what I call naffi bar' sub forum. It's priceless.
  11. Fair suck of the sausage sarge
  12. Clichés, to me, are like a red rag to a bull.
  13. You win some you lose some :) looks like we're batting on a sticky wicket.
  14. I want to know who the alligators are (BTW is it my screen resolution or are the bottoms of my letters all flat?)