The class war..

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ord_Sgt, Sep 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I notice on another thread that 'working class' was used as an insult. Not sure why as most of us have to work for a living. But it got me to thinking, what defines what class you are supposedly in, working class or middle class, upper middle class etc? These terms are bandied around all the time but does anyone know what they really mean?
  2. Surely "working class" can also be said as Chav, or Chava now?
  3. Try reading this

More information on identifying class than you would ever need.
  4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

That makes me middle class then :D Can I look down on others who are less fortunate than me now? :twisted: But does this turn me into an instant dickhead like sven? :evil:
  5. I class myself as a scallie. Nehustan and Mag to Grid will know what I mean.

Now check your pockets, I might have stolen your wallet.
  6. I've just been out to count my wheels, still there they are. Prolly a bit far for you...
  7. Not true, working class work. Chavs, neds, scallys don't. I'm working class, I work, pay taxes, I keep my nose clean and get on with life. Chavs don't.
  8. Used to think of myself as working class... then I visited manchester. Now I feel quite middle class.
  9. My bold.

Calm your jets tiger. This scally works. PE4Rocks, check your pockets.

Once a Kingo etc etc.
  10. You lot are obsessed with class. :wink:
  11. ______________________________________________________
    Yeah..I agree, I lived in manchester and felt the same as you, then I visited Newcastle...
  12. You wait till you visit Sunderland, BDW
  13. You still worry me.

Darlo is worse.
  14. I lived in Newcastle for two years- I think I was positively upper class. Returned to Sussex and back to being a pikey. Anyway, I thought John Major had abolished class.