The City Cares Charity event thread

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Jerm, Oct 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now I know this thread got out of hand, and I probably contributed to that, but surely deleting it was a bit much.

Unless the OP asked for it to be deleted, which is fair enough.

Maybe she could be persuaded to start another one, with a stern warning from the mods that any mucking around would be stamped on.

A worthy event that should continue to get some publicity.

2. deleted?

3. Well, it doesn't appear in the list of all my posts, so it hasn't just been moved.

I've realised another thread I posted on last night has also been deleted. There is something in common between them that may be the reason for both being deleted.

4. ehhhh, you?

5. Not me. A certain poster had his PM published by another and some banter was going on with the PM writer as the "victim". May have got out of hand after I'd left the site last night or something.

6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

7. Last i saw she was being offered a 'tea-bagging'!! Hardly surprising really!!

8. I hope someone got sent to the naughty chair...... some bad boys were making me drink vats of red wine laet night so I missed it. Who was in the ascendancy anyway, supporters or detractors?

9. Some newbie called Porridge Gun was claiming to be the handsomest man ever to don green, when we ALL know the handsomest man is nesbit!!! :D

10. The detractors went strangely quiet after the supporters waded in. :D

11. cool.... thats a good to hear thing on a Friday lunchtime

12. I thought it was 'Golden' :?

13. Things started off with THIS However the thread followed that usual well trodden path............... :roll:

14. can't see it....... websensed which makes me more curious

15. The link is a facebook page, below is a copy and paste

Update:thanks to the lovely Ibe I've got a website, www.thecitycares.co.uk. Buy your tickets now.....

I've taken it upon myself to do something for charity other than sponsor people doing marathons. Being more of a party sort of person than a marathon sort of person it’s going to take the form of a charity ball in aid of the Support our Soldiers charity. Support Our Soldiers is a non political charity set up and run by families and friends of those in the British forces. Please see their website for further details www.supportoursoldiers.co.uk

Date: Saturday 28th November 2009

Place: The Victory Services Club in Marble Arch (www.vsc.co.uk)

Price: £85 a ticket, including kir royale on arrival, dinner, 1/2 bottle of wine and dancing.

What I need from you:

1. To come: bring friends, family, anyone you can. I'm in the process of setting up a website but please feel free to email me if you are interesting in purchasing any tickets.

2. To sponsor me: I'm looking for as many corporate sponsors as possible. Ideally around £1,500 per sponsor but any sum gratefully received in exchange for publicity on the website and on the night.

3. To provide contacts for corporate sponsorship: If you can't make the decision to provide corporate sponsorship then all I'm looking for is an email address of someone that can so that I can write to them directly to ask for sponsorship.

4. I'm hoping to run a raffle on the night so please let me know if you are willing to donate a prize or have any contacts that I could get in touch with to ask very nicely if they could donate something.

5. Details of a band/or dj as I'm still looking for both. Must have own sound system, insurance and ability to keep people dancing all evening.

6. Anything else that you can bring to the process. I've never done one of these before so all ideas, contacts, offers of help gratefully received.

Many thanks

Nicola