The CIA wah wikipedia...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Psypher, Aug 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

You'd thought the CIA would hide its IP addresses when tampering with wikipedia? Or has someone at the CIA a sense of humour?
  2. The CIA have been fiddling and editing wiki pages, no surprise but the vatican one (editing Gerry Adams page) I thought was more alarming but seems to take second place in this bbc news story.

I like the way the CIA use 'wahhhhhh!'
  3. Whats a CIA?
  4. Covert Internet Alterations. Otherwise known as 'They'.

No doubt this will be edited :)
  5. What about P1RA in the Vatican.... can anyone think of any reason as to why anyone at the Vatican would alter Mr Adam's page?

As for the CIA, it is an easy way to get mistruth to the masses!
  6. He's running for pope. The IRA is seen as a preferred background to the Hitler Youth:

Following his fourteenth birthday in 1941, Ratzinger was enrolled in the Hitler Youth — membership being legally required after December 1939[4] — but was an unenthusiastic member and refused to attend meetings[5]. His father was a bitter enemy of Nazism, believing it conflicted with the Catholic faith. In 1941, one of Ratzinger's cousins, a 14-year-old boy with Down syndrome, was killed by the Nazi regime in its campaign of eugenics. In 1943 while still in seminary, he was drafted at age 16 into the German anti-aircraft corps. Ratzinger then trained in the German infantry, but a subsequent illness precluded him from the usual rigours of military duty. As the Allied front drew closer to his post in 1945, he deserted back to his family's home in Traunstein after his unit had ceased to exist, just as American troops established their headquarters in the Ratzinger household. As a German soldier, he was put in a POW camp but was released a few months later at the end of the War in summer 1945. He reentered the seminary, along with his brother Georg, in November of that year.
  7. I dread to think of the WIKI alterations in that case that have occurred from MOD Computers!
    People who work in government organisations are likely to be the types who are up to speed on current affairs and are interested in news and politics and maybe into posting on WIKI and news discussions. This is just evidence of a world wide web of slackers posting crap instead of working!
  8. On the profile of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the tool indicates that a worker on the CIA network reportedly added the exclamation "Wahhhhhh!"

Sounds like Wikipedia is not the only website the CIA spend valuable donut dunking time on....
  9. I cant see how it is possible to edit entries and why anybody would do such a thing... ahem.
  10. I've now spat coffee everywhere

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Best laugh I've had all week. Classic :D :D :D :D
  12. CIA C*nts in america
  13. What's this waaahh business ?

Nicht verstehen !
  14. Oh come on, we're never that tired. Wah! :lol: