The Christmas Drivel Sweepstake

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by MotorMan, Oct 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's getting on for that time of year again - the days are getting shorter, the mornings are getting chillier and dribbling mongs all over the land are stacking shelves with Christmas tat. This means, of course, that the day may only be a few short weeks off when some clown posts The Poem.

The Poem, as we all know, is doggrel of the most piteous sort that revolves around Father Christmas breaking into a squaddie's house and - for some reason - finds him asleep on the floor. And it goes downhill from there.

So, in an effort to turn a curse into the blessing, I'm opening a book on when The Poem will make it's first appearance this year. All you have to do is choose a unique date (before December 25th would probably be an idea), post it on here and if The Poem makes it's first appearance on that date, I'll donate £30 to a charity of your choice. Easy!

If by some miracle no-one posts the poem this year or no-one gets the right date, the cash goes to my chosen charity: The Children's Village Orphange in Sarajevo. So if you don't want those little Bosnian terrors getting their grubby mitts on it - submit a date! :)

***PLEEEEASE don't wah this, or post The Poem under an assumed name etc. It'll ruin the fun and it is for charidee after all. Good luck!***
  2. november 16th
  3. December 01
  4. What if I post the poem and ask for the money to be donated to Help Them Out? Will that do? If not, I'll go for Nov 24th
  5. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

December 1st.
  6. November 5th
  7. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Cock. :D

Dec 2nd!
  8. Nov 11
  9. DozyBint should be made exempt from betting, it’s normally her posting cack poems.
  10. Nov 28th
  11. BTW - if we say all bets in by 23:59 this Sunday (12 October), I'll make a record of who's got what day and then we can let the thread slip away and await the first maniac!
  12. You should charge a fiver to enter, then add that to your donation.
  13. Oi! I called safguard, yarp etc etc so don't do that :wink:
  14. Good idea but we'll call it a voluntary thing. If you want to donate to the winners charity, feel free. No pressure like :wink:
  15. 15/12/08.

I'm psychic :)

or did The Boss say side-kick? can't remember.