The Chinese - not a great bunch of lads

Not surprised. Asian mindset is that making money requires stability. Therefore anything that pushes stability is a good thing. Anything that encourages instability is bad news.
Banks really don't want to mess with the powers that be in case of being subject to investigations , the outcome of which will be known.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
More 'advice' from CCP HSBC.

'HSBC has reportedly warned Downing Street against a ban on Huawei in 5G telecoms networks, in a further escalation of tensions between Britain and China. The bank’s chairman Mark Tucker made private representations to the Prime Minister’s advisers, according to the Sunday Telegraph.'

No PC nonsense in China:

Colgate bought a toothpaste manufacturer in the 1980s that produced a toothpaste called Mr Darkie. The image on the tubes was of a beaming black man. A lot of complaints to Colgate that this was an inappropiate purchase, so Colgate made the producers change the name and image. It was changed to Mr Darlie, and the image was of a top-hatted smiling gentleman in the shadows who could either be black or white. Colgate has since divested of this compnay, but the company now calls the toothpaste Darlie. At no point did the markets with Chinese languages as their main purchasers alter the language, it was still known as Mr Darkie and had all the racist eppiphets still attached, it was just in the Western language markets where it was sanitised.
1591549871185.png

endure

GCM
Colgate bought a toothpaste manufacturer in the 1980s that produced a toothpaste called Mr Darkie. The image on the tubes was of a beaming black man. A lot of complaints to Colgate that this was an inappropiate purchase, so Colgate made the producers change the name and image. It was changed to Mr Darlie, and the image was of a top-hatted smiling gentleman in the shadows who could either be black or white. Colgate has since divested of this compnay, but the company now calls the toothpaste Darlie. At no point did the markets with Chinese languages as their main purchasers alter the language, it was still known as Mr Darkie and had all the racist eppiphets still attached, it was just in the Western language markets where it was sanitised.
View attachment 480200

That's because the name and graphics are not considered to be offensive in South East Asia in much the same way that the object below is is a sign of good luck rather than of mass murder.

The same object means different things to different people/countries/religions.

swas.jpg

That's because the name and graphics are not considered to be offensive in South East Asia in much the same way that the object below is is a sign of good luck rather than of mass murder.

The same object means different things to different people/countries/religions.

View attachment 480204
Was playing online pool last night and a middle-eastern looking person from Germany called Nazifulla was my opponent. I thought was taking the piss. Turns out Nazif is an Arabic name

I took my wife to Thailand

Phuket?

No, I was too busy noshing off the ladyboy

UKTAP

LE

Interesting that the China-India border is flaring up again.

I can't see any way in which India can hold out here - the International community is completely unable to hold China to account, and India would fold like a wet house of cards if China decided to push across the border.

Iraq would have a new contender for the crown of 'Least efective Army ever' if this kicked off again...

Interesting that the China-India border is flaring up again.

I can't see any way in which India can hold out here - the International community is completely unable to hold China to account, and India would fold like a wet house of cards if China decided to push across the border.

Iraq would have a new contender for the crown of 'Least efective Army ever' if this kicked off again...
i think invading India is probably a bit like bit like invading China - 1 million prisoners to manage and feed on day 1, 5 million prisoners to manage and feed on day 2, 10 million prisoners to manage and feed on day three,

i think invading India is probably a bit like bit like invading China - 1 million prisoners to manage and feed on day 1, 5 million prisoners to manage and feed on day 2, 10 million prisoners to manage and feed on day three,
What makes you think the Chinese would take prisoners, and if they did that they would feed them?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Have India and China signed the Geneva Convention?

What makes you think the Chinese would take prisoners, and if they did that they would feed them?
How about the fact that the PLA always has in every war it's fought? Even the Japanese, which ought to be evidence enough.

Latest Threads