The Chinese - not a great bunch of lads

You wouldn't want them as tenants in your property... the cooking they do will stink the whole place out with the stir fries and what not exotic edibles they conjure up on a wok

Just got back from town where a Chinese bloke was berating the drivers of the local bus company for not knowing the timetables for National Express. He was calling the bus drivers stupid, incompetent, dumb and any other insult he could think of. One of the drivers helpfully suggested he catch a train to London (where the Chinese bloke wanted to go) as the railway station is a couple of hundred yards away with regular trains to London. Chinese bloke erupted and said he wanted to go by bus and not "F****** useless British railway trains". As there's only one NE service a day to London, and that's early morning, he's going to have a bit of a wait. Serves the 2@t right.

Some Arrsers of a certain vintage may remember Malcolm from Shrivenham, and his memorable description of China as ‘a TLAM hoover’...
I recall him as an advocate of tactical nukes.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
‘Mini-nukes’ to be exact. He’s calmed down a bit since then.

I think...
You are quite right with the former, but I doubt it about the latter.

All the Brits who talk to him do.
The same way a lot of Chinese in the UK who don't make Chinese stuff every day.....I lived with some a couple of Kiwi/ Chinese (of Chinese origin) flatties back in the day they actually ate more fish and chips and English cuisine than anything Chinese.

End of the day, if you open a window in the kitchen, who gives a f-k what you cook.

The same way a lot of Chinese in the UK who don't make Chinese stuff every day.....I lived with some a couple of Kiwi/ Chinese (of Chinese origin) flatties back in the day they actually ate more fish and chips and English cuisine than anything Chinese.

End of the day, if you open a window in the kitchen, who gives a f-k what you cook.
Tell that to Jeffrey Dahmers landlord.

There's a bit of a verbal punch-up going on between Australia and China at present, the Chinese have cancelled a inter-governmental conference because someone in Aus of some standing has said naughty things about the Chinese methods in Africa and Smaller countries. The Aus chap implied that they were 'bribing small nations' with gifts of certain buildings and aid. The Chinese cancelled the conference and series of meetings by telling the Australians that 'Your days of Empire and Colonialism are over'. Implying that 'It's our (chinese) turn now!
Andrew Hastie Liberal mp from Western Australia & James Patterson Liberal senator for WA, told by the Chinese they had to "repent". Told them no chance. Hastie ex Australian SAS officer & Chair of the joint parliamentary committee on intelligence & security

Andrew Hastie Liberal mp from Western Australia & James Patterson Liberal senator for WA, told by the Chinese they had to "repent". Told them no chance. Hastie ex Australian SAS officer & Chair of the joint parliamentary committee on intelligence & security

James Patterson is Federal Senator for Victoria.

Am I the only one who, when watching the news and seeing the images of the students being bent double by a post-tear-gas baton and getting plasti-cuffed as they blow tear and snot bubbles from every orofice while maintaining a "WTF this was never supposed to happen" look of shock and awe as the terrifying reality of their situation hits them as hard as a rubber bullet, shouts at the TV:

"HA HA HA YOU GOING TO PLISON!"

Am I the only one who, when watching the news and seeing the images of the students being bent double by a post-tear-gas baton and getting plasti-cuffed as they blow tear and snot bubbles from every orofice while maintaining a "WTF this was never supposed to happen" look of shock and awe as the terrifying reality of their situation hits them as hard as a rubber bullet, shouts at the TV:

"HA HA HA YOU GOING TO PLISON!"
No, many of us here cheer every time we see one beaten

How long do You think Xi will sit on His hands before unleashing the hounds? Whats the general feeling on that in HK?
I quoted the Chinese ambassador to the EU at the start of this thread claiming that Tianamon Square 30 years was a triumph for China as they had no violence of that sort since.
I considered that as a warning to HK then and I still hold that pov.

Latest Threads