The Chinese economy 2019...

I was thinking the increase in number of children who will be caring for elderly parents, which is not going to be cheap. Combined with their one child policy and their blatant preference for male offspring, which has lead to one hell of a gender imbalence.

Back to supporting the Motherland now comrade...
The problem of too many old people is, from a societal perspective, inherently self-correcting.

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
I was thinking the increase in number of children who will be caring for elderly parents, which is not going to be cheap. Combined with their one child policy and their blatant preference for male offspring, which has lead to one hell of a gender imbalence.
There are many ways to find cheap workforce and women. Also they can choose Western way to make women unimportant, or most strong and clever of them can became Russians. In fact, TV-show "How I became Russian" was second by popularity (with minimal distance) after "The Game of Thrones".

About time, for the last few years they seem to have concentrated on stealing it... and it has had repercussions.
China’s Annual Economic Growth Rate Is Slowest Since 1990

The trade war was triggered by China’s continuing theft of intellectual property around the globe.
How China’s blatant IP theft, long overlooked by US, sparked trade war

The Trade War With China And The Problem With Intellectual Property Rights

When all the ground work and hard work has been done and China then builds upon that it seems logical that they will get to the top quickly.

But...have a look from the inside.

However...another interesting Chinese economic titbit, is her interesting Debt Trap Diplomacy which has been in play now for some years.
Eight countries in danger of falling into China’s “debt trap”

Paradise in Debt - China and 'debt trap diplomacy'

What happens when poorer nations lured by China's cheap loans can't pay them back?

Last edited:

Latest Threads