The cheaper the better!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by unemployable, Mar 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Buying a mate something for his birthday in May.
    I'm after something cheap & tacky!
    Not to crude, but just something that will show i spent as little as possible!
    He will find it funny! :D

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Cut out some shapes in a concertina from a piece of coloured cardboard. Tell him you've got him some wallpaper.

3. Give him a 1p piece.

4. But cut it in half an mount it on a scrap of wood as a tasteful, but cheap, wall decoration which signifies the value of your friendship. You could wear the other half on a chain around your neck.

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Sign him up for a buy now pay later scheme:

i.e. a holiday - pay £5 deposit and he is due to pay the £1000 prior to going on the holiday - he will love it.

6. Get him a Tesco "value" card.
    I've been sending them to my missus ever since we split! :D

7. Pick some grass and form it into a bouquet with one of those sticky tags you get on bread bags.

Look, I think Valentine's Day is about togetherness even if women disagree!

8. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

My best mate comes from Norfolk, so I tend to buy him books on tractors.

Dependig on where you are from depends on what sort of gift to by him. You could always give him a years membership to badger watch or some such nonsence.

9. Buy him an acre of land on the moon/in Scotland, somewhere obscure like that.

Name a star after him (he'll probably think you're gay though)

Or if you want to buy him something he'll actually enjoy, buy him a collection of obscure imported lagers.

10. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

go to a pound shop and buy him whatever you find in there.

11. Yep a book on sheep or membership to a strange animal support group could be fun! :)

12. My dad and his best mate did this for years. Every birthday or christmas they tried to outdo each other with the crappest present money could buy.
    I seem to remember some really random fridge magnets, garden gnomes, and pens stolen from hotels.

13. Knock one out into a tissue, and give him the dried remains, just tell him you wanted to give him something more personal than a standard gift.

Or if you want to spend a little more.....

Do the same but then have it made into a paperweight.

Linky

Linky

14. Find the cheapest blow up doll around. Hours of pleasure & you can borrow it on occasions also, cleaned or not :)

15. Are you still living in the dark ages - get him a Fleshlite (or Fleshlight, can't remember)