The cav and tankies

Discussion in 'REME' started by orificecadet, Jul 10, 2005.

?
  1. KRH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. QRL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 9/12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 1 RTR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 2 RTR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. QRH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. LD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. RDG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. SCOTS DG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. QDG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Those who've worked with them, what do they think of the various regiments?

2. Have experienced both KRH and QRH, and they are not called the Kings/Queens REME haters for nothing, they both treated their attached arms like sh1te.

Have to add an edit, the troops were good, it was just the higher archy that sucked.

3. your poll won't count for much really as you can only vote for one regiment. i have worked with 1 rtr and the LD and found them both great to work with in their own field,with the officers doing as much work on the wagons as the blokes.my bro worked with the LD,2 rtr and RDG's and wouldnt have a bad word said against them.

4. IMHO working with the armoured corps is one of the best things you can do as REME tradesmen. i spent 5 years with 1RTR in total and they were a brilliant bunch.

the officers in Paderborn were questionable at times but at Warminster as Demo Sqn they were second to none.

as for the other regts i spent a few years at ATDU and thouroughly enjoyed working with them all.

5. Had 2 fantastic years with 1 RTR; I would love to go back but I hate NBC training!!!!!!

6. Have to go with the rest: RTR - all good guys 3 and 4 RTR in my early days, yokels and scots respectively - fcukin' good time, even in Tidders... isn't one of the officers now some ADC or whatever to the chief? The cav - jeez!! I must have half a dozen different coloured fcukin' Pullovers (must be worn in the mess blah,blah, blah)

7. I was with 3 RTR up till the amalgamation. They were OK but not the best Regt I ever served with. As usual it wasn't so much the blokes but some of their bosses who were pains - and their RSM at the time was a bit of a nutter.

8. Spent 4 1/2 Years with QRL, best unit I've served with. Treated all attached arms excellent, they loved the REME as they realised without us the Tanks don't go. Anyone looking for a decent posting stick that one on your pref,(mind you I served with them in Traz, don't know what Catterick is like)

9. cheers for all the input guys, I'm going cav and just wanna find out who don't treat their attachments like complete shit. That said where could i go and make a difference...

10. What about the Blues and Royals and Life Guards ? don't they count ?

11. I know the budget is strained, but would horses and hammers really mix?

12. QDG good laugh and rugby and singing!!!! Baaaaaa Baaaaaa

13. I served with 4RTR in the traz, 1 RTR in Padders and ATDU, so have had a healthy asssociation with the RAC and do you know what, Id go back tomorrow. As far as any other arm then you can shove em where its dark. Im with Inf at the moment and its a nightmare!!

Gimme tanks any day!!

14. HHC are a law unto themselves, they only seem to play with small tanks of late and they encourage you to do P Coy, and they are slicers not spooners so not quite my kettle of fish.

OC

15. Scots DG - best Mess anywhere, minimal fuckabout factor, big toys for big boys, excellent punch up with the chinless mob once a year (Balaklava WOs v Offrs shindig), and in twenty - odd years of the green skin, the one place as a REME soldier I have truly felt part of the Regiment. It's not their fault they're porridge wogs. And Fally is shite. But the Ghillie Jocko donkey wallopers have my vote, and I'll always be proud to have served with them. Whether they'll say the same about me is another matter.