Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Castle Thread

About the closest thing I've seen in real life to the Disneyland castle of my childhood.

Alcázar de Segovia fortress innn spain
here's some drone footage, if you are interested.

'Kin 'ell. When we're finally allowed out of solitary I'm going to have to spend a solid year going around finding all the places in this thread!!

View attachment 524364

Not quite a castle, but...................

The Valentré Bridge or the Devil Bridge, Cahors

Yep, walked across that one. Cahors itself is well worth an afternoon, with lots of historical architecture, going back to Roman times.

A small but perfectly formed Templar Castle in Cyprus near Limassol. Kolossi Castle. One of the most 'solid' buildings I've ever been in. If you do ever get the chance to visit, do it at a time when the sun is low and can light up the inside through the windows - glows gold inside.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
A small but perfectly formed Templar Castle in Cyprus near Limassol. Kolossi Castle. One of the most 'solid' buildings I've ever been in. If you do ever get the chance to visit, do it at a time when the sun is low and can light up the inside through the windows - glows gold inside.

I had forgotten about that place, awesome little castle.

tiv

LE

Interested I looked it up and came across a history of the castle here The Incredible History of Kolossi Castle - Won By Richard the Lionheart, Home to the Knights Templar, and Birthplace of the King of Wines

Latest Threads