The Cardie thread. Watch your gob

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by TheIronDuke, Feb 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

This is a thread devoted to the Cardie. Be careful where you tread.

I have recently bought a cardigan. It is grey and I love it.

It is woolly, warm and looks like a bag of spuds. But warm and wooly will do me.

Anybody got a problem with the Cardie? Anyone else own one? Or is it just me? Standing alone, proud and indominadble.... indomenable..... indomneible...

In me Cardie
  2. Not only do I have several, I can also knit them.

It's enduring comfort clothing: nowadays often made of fleece, but the same concept endures.
  3. I wear Harris tweed. moleskins, Tattersal check and smoke a pipe.

OF COURSE I WEAR CARDIGANS!!!!! You are not alone....
  4. Too poor to put a heater in your shed?
  5. My God man, cardies are fashionable now-be not ashamed!

Stand proud (no, not like that...)
  6. I have a dilemma. I was bought one for crimbo. Not one of those nice comfy ones that look at home behind the Daily Mail but one of those that are meant to be worn with half mast skinny jeans and hair gel by a zit infested chav.

Do I wear it once to please? Keep it at the back of the wardrobe and hope it's never mentioned again? Buy the afore mentioned jeans and gel and mince down to the pub?

7. This one is from GUCCI, 600 of your finest..............

8. Hmm: if you are a gel and sit down to do both No1 and No2, then well done-carry on knitting.

However, if you stand up as you proudly write your name in the fresh snow and don't giggle when someone says 'tight head prop', then shame on you.

..........and if you ARE a gel, then this will remind you of your natural place in the world

And I have a cardie. It is russet in colour and smells of tabs and Cocker Spaniels. So there.
  9. At what age do you qualify as "old"?
    I'm 43, and my mufti is more likely to consist of a surf shack T-shirt and a pair of cargos.
    Are you edging cautiously into codgerhood, or are you embracing it in all its tragic, beige trousered, flaccid membered, barely continent, horror?
  10. With buttons no probs

With a zip :x get yourself a length of hosepipe,car and garage.
  11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Go and learn to smoke tabs and take drugs you young whippersnapper. And get a fucking haircut.

Heres the rub. Whilst ones Cardie is fine in the home... at what point can one poodle down the boozer in ones Cardie, without ones mates taking the piss?
  12. I think you can get away with it in the Legion but probably not in Yates?

13. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

One does not cardie in the pub, one cardies in the shed as any self respecting codger would know - and one might even have a second cardie in case of visitors in the house thing.
    Now perhaps you lot would shut up and let me get back to my M & S cords and heavy woolly.
  14. I have a couple of Cardies, with the weather being a bit adverse, I've wrapped my shed in them to keep it warm.
  15. Nowt wrong wi a proper bespoke cardie! Hand knitted ones are ghastly. Me mum used to knit them and make me wear them to skool. She also once knitted me a pair of swimming trunks.......