Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Camper Caper.

Be a shame not to use the space either side just behind the seats... do you have a plan?
Almost, red rings are cubby holes, the biggest on the lh side will be sectioned into 2 one top as to be accessed from the bed when out, phone wallet keys that type of thing. Then the lower half built in under the seating-pull out bed.
The green is where the windows going with a single burner hob/sink unit about 1m long 400 deep then full size (1100 high) cupboard unit.

Attachments

• PXL_20201021_180224912~2.jpg
    PXL_20201021_180224912~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36

wheel

LE
IMG_2577.JPG
IMG_2580.JPG
IMG_2581.JPG
IMG_2579.JPG

My van rock n roll bed , leisure battery with double 3 pin and USB socket. twin draws for clothes etc. 6 touch led down lights. Front double seat swivels . Use 2 x stacker units for utilities food and gas cooker these are removed when not in use.

I may have been a tad jealous of my brother's completed camper, which is why I've started this project. Plus the van has been sat for nearly a year....

Almost, red rings are cubby holes, the biggest on the lh side will be sectioned into 2 one top as to be accessed from the bed when out, phone wallet keys that type of thing. Then the lower half built in under the seating-pull out bed.
The green is where the windows going with a single burner hob/sink unit about 1m long 400 deep then full size (1100 high) cupboard unit.
Do you have space under the flat front section accessible from behind the seats ? I had an old Vauxhall Combo van for a year before I discovered the hidden storage where I suppose in a passenger vehicle the rear foot wells would be.... fantastic little van ex post office so called Pat predictably had done 170K miles and not a single panel was the same red but it went like stink and was 100% reliable....

Its known as Van Envy. Be careful it can cost a lot of money.

Oh I'm certainly not envious on how much he spent!
He could have purchased a decent T5....
My van owes me nothing as it was a company vehicle if I get a season out of it and flog it for more then I "invest" I'll be chuffed.

Do you have space under the flat front section accessible from behind the seats ? I had an old Vauxhall Combo van for a year before I discovered the hidden storage where I suppose in a passenger vehicle the rear foot wells would be.... fantastic little van ex post office so called Pat predictably had done 170K miles and not a single panel was the same red but it went like stink and was 100% reliable....

Yep it's there, it's where the leisure battery and potentially coolbox/diesel heater are being housed.

Awol, hope you got the job. Anyway, not sure where you are based but I semi converted a Transit Jumbo and we’ve just been given a new double mattress.
We got a memory foam mattress for sale if your interested.
What you need to put underneath your bed is that insulation made out of bubble wrap and insulate in between. I put this stuff underneath my tent when I go camping on the motorcycle.
Again, bubble foil isnt insulation, its a big scam selling it as such, it was designed as a raciant barrier to be used as an extra to conventional insulation , the only reason its on bubble wrap is that its a cheap base for the foil.

Again, bubble foil isnt insulation, its a big scam selling it as such, it was designed as a raciant barrier to be used as an extra to conventional insulation , the only reason its on bubble wrap is that its a cheap base for the foil.
Fair enough, but I’m not talking about Awol doing his whole van in the stuff. It was just a suggestion to put under his bed. As I said, I put it under my tents ground sheet and it works at treat.

Thats ok for camping but If you put a foil blanket under a mattress you use everyday you get a puddle of sweat and a damp mattress which goes mouldy , same goes for putting a mattress on an unventilated surface like ply, i learnt that the hard way while living on boats.

Awol

LE
Anyone know what this means (top right)? It’s started to flash under moderate braking or when going over bumpy roads. I’ve googled, but no luck.

Attachments

• 2797B7A1-8C03-4C7B-8EB3-860E248B5A3E.jpeg
    2797B7A1-8C03-4C7B-8EB3-860E248B5A3E.jpeg
    965.8 KB · Views: 47
Awol, hope you got the job. Anyway, not sure where you are based but I semi converted a Transit Jumbo and we’ve just been given a new double mattress.
We got a memory foam mattress for sale if your interested.
What you need to put underneath your bed is that insulation made out of bubble wrap and insulate in between. I put this stuff underneath my tent when I go camping on the motorcycle.

Bubble wrap is great stuff.

When I was an apprentice I signed for a delivery of the stuff, and the gaffer told me to pop it in the corner of the workshop.

I was there for hours.

Latest Threads