The campaign starts against Syria

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3176136.stm

US set to tighten Syria sanctions

The United States has moved closer to imposing new sanctions on Syria, after a key congressional committee voted to punish Damascus for its allegedly supporting terrorism.
    The House of Representatives' International Relations Committee voted 33-2 in favour of adding further trade sanctions to those already in force against Syria.

"It has become increasingly clear which side Syria's government has chosen in the war on terror," said House majority leader Tom DeLay.

"Syria's government has obstructed our coalition's work, harboured and funded terrorists, and is even now helping terrorists cross the Syrian border into Iraq to target American soldiers."

Syria, which denies the charges, has little trade with the United States, but the new sanctions could ban US investment there and restrict exports

How long before Bluppet throws his hat in the ring?

2. Do you think that this is just saber rattling over the Israeli thing the other day or is it the start of a build-up to something more sinister?

Surely Tony B Liar wouldn't think about getting us involved in another conflict while still deployed into Iraq. Who's he going to use, the TA, Cadets perhaps...

3. well I'm on the dole :( Next stops Damasacus :cry:

4. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

...damn that dole queue was long...

• Like Like x 2
  5. This has to be the record

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oh

Wow

Yet another Syria thread. We really needed yet another Syria thread. We really want more and more Syria threads........

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

:twisted:

8. Well, I'd say this wasn't "yet another" as it's 10 years older than most of them

9. Bloody hell, rot was being talked on multiple threads all the way back then?

10. Yes I was just thinking to myself that this board could do with another Syria thread.

Fcukin hell so it is. Still resurrecting it is as bad as starting a new one. Kill him anyway.

Is there a Libya one that could be brought back. Tony Blair in talks with Col Gadaffi or something.

11. So what's it to be? "Holy thread resurrection" for using an existing relevant but old thread, "****ing hell, thread deviation" for posting something similar but different to an existing current thread, or "Oh wow, another thread" for deciding it's on a certain subject, but sufficiently different.

Don't tell me - it's really a "Wah" that you're going to call in half an hour, and you certainly didn't fail to notice the original thread date.

You're as tedious as the people that hang out in the Waltencommando and spend all their time bleating that people walting should be ignored and berating people for starting threads - they're a bunch of ****ing bell ends as well.

For what it's worth, Nehustan's post has far more going for it that than your clever, or not, remark

12. My, someone woke up on the wrong side of his bollock this morning.....

13. Yep, keep diverting from the fact you were being clever taking the piss out "another" Syria thread, whilst missing the fact it was a 10 year old thread resurrected to comic effect.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

:joker:

• Like Like x 1
  15. And was I the only one? No.

I'm surprised you haven't challenged me to a fight yet............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.