The Campaign For Campaign Medals

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by maninblack, Nov 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

The Campaign For Campaign Medals

The COs and moderators have decided that it is time that someone made efforts to ensure that the issue of campaign medals is dealt with.

At present the MOD can find a soldier to send him or her to Iraq but they can’t find that soldier to give them the medal that they deserve.

The system requires an application to be made which all too often seems not to reach the relevant issuing office.

We are aware that there are members of the board who served on Telic 1 who have not received their medals despite multiple applications, we are also aware that there are other outstanding medals that never seem to arrive.

We are planning to gather a list of outstanding medals and to seek a way forward via Parliament in order to ensure that these are delivered with the utmost speed.

Our primary objective is to get your medals delivered, if by taking this action we cause embarrassment then so be it, only those who have failed the servicemen and women of the Armed Forces will be embarrassed.

I would therefore like to ask that all those who are not in receipt of a medal send the following information to the email address below.

Number, rank(or former rank) & name
    Medal type outstanding
    Unit when medal earned.
    Current unit if still serving or home address if not
    Date of deployment, date of return (approx will do)
    Date of application (or applications) if known
    An email address where you can be reached.

oysterman1@lycos.com

I DO NOT REQUIRE YOUR ARRSE LOGIN IDENTITY, IT IS NOT RELEVANT.

Please circulate this information in your unit so that we can get The Campaign for Campaign Medals rolling.

2. Medals who needs em ? Just more graft cleaning the Blooxx things !!!

3. I must be lucky then as I rx'd my Telic Medal (complete with Rosette!) 4 months after I got out!

4. Been waiting for my Telic Medal for 2 years now, deploying to Afghan in 3 months! Takes the P*£s!!!!

5. Still marking time waiting for mine too. Warned off for another tour next year (whats new) so hopes now i get it after returning or it will cost a blooming fortune getting the blooming things re-re mounted.

6. My son took an odd phone call today from the medal office while I was at work, I’ve been chasing my telic gong.

The message although a bit vague as my sons 17 & was glued to his girlfriend at the time, but as far as I can work out they acknowledged my letter stating the medal would arrive in due course, however they are out of materials!!!!!!!!

7. I don't think materials are the problem.

8. They could craft my medals out of rusty old bin lids for all I care, as long as I get one

9. a friend of mine wrote a post using my name and is now deleted

• Like Like x 1
  10. i sold mine years ago in chester :roll:

11. lol, my mate got 50 quid for just his NI medal when he left.

12. Why would you sell them?
    Even if you are out?
    Very odd... I hope that the 1/2 gram of crack was worth 6 months of graft!!!

13. Only joking by the way...

They were yours to do with as you pleased...

14. How do you go about making an application for a medal that you earn't and not recived from Civi street?