The Camelbak motherlode

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by UKChrisT, May 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. dunno if anybody's heard of it or has the camelbak but just wanted to hear your views on it. I'm doing the three peaks later on this year and originally was just going to buy a patrol pack (30 lit) or something but then saw this...

not actually buying from aak though, seen it elsewhere for cheaper but that site gives a better description.

let me know what you think anyway,

2. £144 for that??? Are they taking the piss?

I paid about £65 for mine a few years ago.
  3. woodys got something similar very Gucci but very pricey in the uk
  4. Simply stuff Camelbak in to daysack. That's what I do when I'm out and about, though that set up is rather Gucci. What else do you need apart from some buttie space and somewhere to stash your Goretex? I think I'd save my ackers. If there's not enough space in your daysack for a Camelbak, just bungee it to the outside.
  5. Over engineered and expensive

I managed 5 cans of stella in the camel bag chucked in the daysac for the rugby, worked perfectly well
  6. thanks for the comments, yeah the cheapest i found it is 75 quid from survival aids.
  7. Got one its very nice.Though over engineered is a fair comment .Unless
    you need a bag with lots compartments I wouldn't bother .Great for round town wouldnt bother for the hills .
  8. I agree with the above, too expensive, you'd be just as well with a Camel Bak bladder in a normal daysack.
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Camelbacks? You bunch of iron hoofs, whats wrong with straining tea through a sock under fire! Lads today have it so easy!
  10. I don't find the Motherlode very comfortable. So not good for doing something like the 3 peaks.

A good fitting 15-20l daysack would be the best for you. Saves the temptation of taking too much kit as well.

11. TEA?? we used to DREAM about being allowed tea, Luxury!!!!!
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

That wouldnt be the oggies I knew, never short on tiffin!