The Calcutta Cup

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by mushroom, Mar 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Watching the game I find the moving adverts in the background very distracting.

Might I suggest that the RFU stop displaying them.

Any revenue lost could be recouped by sacking the fckwit who thinks it's cool to dress the England team like fairies and have some numb nut leading the singing of the anthems.

2. The socks kill me... reminds me of the missus trying to get the seams straight on her stockings...

3. Doesn’t seem to be doing them any harm at the moment though

4. Any news on how Ellis is?

5. Funny, I hadn't even noticed them until you mentioned them! I agree with the rest though.

6. To answer my own question - still receiving medical treatment.

7. but upright, so that's good

8. and now walking around, so even better.

9. now we can get back to giving him sh1t for being an arrogant tw@t..... :)

10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Fair do's to Engerlund - better team in a pretty mediocre game. Not one of the better offorts I have seen from either team in the past decade or so.

Still 3 people knocked out during the game - wow - hard stuff being played, but in no way dirty.

It is good to see that England's discipline has returned as that was spoling the game.

It looks like the Calcutta Cup is just following the home advantage at present.

Well done to England, Scotland just did not have that spark today.

11. Nice to see players getting knocked down and then standing up with a smile and walking it off, then getting on with the game.

(With the obvious exceptions of those who went down pretty thoroughly).

Rather different to football, where someone comes within six inches of a player and they're down like a fairy bumping into a candle flame.

12. Congratulations to those of you south of the border, the better team most definitely won.

I'll be skiffing all your Morris Dancing costumes later on, of course.

13. The Jocks seem to be very quiet this evening!

14. We're all drinking to forget, mate.

15. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The Engerlish seem even quieter :D

Well done Ireland - great game to finish the competition.