The Calcutta Cup

Watching the game I find the moving adverts in the background very distracting.

Might I suggest that the RFU stop displaying them.

Any revenue lost could be recouped by sacking the fckwit who thinks it's cool to dress the England team like fairies and have some numb nut leading the singing of the anthems.

The socks kill me... reminds me of the missus trying to get the seams straight on her stockings...

mushroom said:
Watching the game I find the moving adverts in the background very distracting.

Might I suggest that the RFU stop displaying them.

Any revenue lost could be recouped by sacking the fckwit who thinks it's cool to dress the England team like fairies and have some numb nut leading the singing of the anthems.
Funny, I hadn't even noticed them until you mentioned them! I agree with the rest though.

but upright, so that's good

now we can get back to giving him sh1t for being an arrogant tw@t..... :)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Fair do's to Engerlund - better team in a pretty mediocre game. Not one of the better offorts I have seen from either team in the past decade or so.

Still 3 people knocked out during the game - wow - hard stuff being played, but in no way dirty.

It is good to see that England's discipline has returned as that was spoling the game.

It looks like the Calcutta Cup is just following the home advantage at present.

Well done to England, Scotland just did not have that spark today.

Nice to see players getting knocked down and then standing up with a smile and walking it off, then getting on with the game.

(With the obvious exceptions of those who went down pretty thoroughly).

Rather different to football, where someone comes within six inches of a player and they're down like a fairy bumping into a candle flame.

Congratulations to those of you south of the border, the better team most definitely won.

I'll be skiffing all your Morris Dancing costumes later on, of course.

We're all drinking to forget, mate.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
vvaannmmaann said:
The Jocks seem to be very quiet this evening!
The Engerlish seem even quieter :D

Well done Ireland - great game to finish the competition.

Auld-Yin said:
vvaannmmaann said:
The Jocks seem to be very quiet this evening!
The Engerlish seem even quieter :D
Here you go - thought it was a great match and that England played well; great to see Mr Borthwick et al rubbing the jocks' noses in it and droving them down to fourth. :D sorry - fifth.

And maybe the bloody taffies will shut their gobs about how wonderful they are - down near the bottom of the table and look at the tries scored by the English. :D :)

We definately need the likes of Lamont back in the team, no one seems to have the inclination to get across the try line, still, I enjoyed the match. Didn't watch the Wales v Ireland Match, every time I see Stringer I want to punch someone, for some reason his grid just makes me really angry.