Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bundeswehr Veterans Badge

QRK2

LE
I was told by a Dutch bloke years ago that football matches between NL and Germany are mostly amiable apart from some piss-taking. I think there might have been a song about the Dutch asking the Germans about getting their bicycles back? Something to do with the retreating Germans taking the bikes and other easily portable metal objects with them for scrap.
I may be mis-remembering this as I had drunk some beers.

Hardly surprising given the number of cloggies that joined the SS.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
There is a British Bier on sale in Lidls it's called SPITFIRE Lidls have it up for sale at 109

Tiger-Monkey2

War Hero
I was told by a Dutch bloke years ago that football matches between NL and Germany are mostly amiable apart from some piss-taking. I think there might have been a song about the Dutch asking the Germans about getting their bicycles back? Something to do with the retreating Germans taking the bikes and other easily portable metal objects with them for scrap.
I may be mis-remembering this as I had drunk some beers.

You have remembered correctly. There are always comments about getting granddads bike back.

You have remembered correctly. There are always comments about getting granddads bike back.
Yes that’s right, they stole all the bikes in order to stop them being used by the Dutch resistance. It was around about the same time that the Nazi cents forced the Netherlands in to near starvation in retaliation to their support to the allies. If you look in their cemeteries, you’ll see a shyt load of children’s graves, because they were starved to death

Tiger-Monkey2

War Hero
Yes that’s right, they stole all the bikes in order to stop them being used by the Dutch resistance. It was around about the same time that the Nazi cents forced the Netherlands in to near starvation in retaliation to their support to the allies. If you look in their cemeteries, you’ll see a shyt load of children’s graves, because they were starved to death

More a case of them stealing the bikes as they retreated out of NK.

Fact about stealing bikes versus the starvation of a nation and deaths of children? You win ( I do stand corrected though)

Latest Threads