The Budget 2017

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Auld-Yin, Nov 22, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We always knew that was coming.

Seems the conservatives don’t like small businesses or the self-employed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Don't know how agency nursing rates are going these days in England, but a couple of years back, some Trusts were blowing £1,200 per skull per shift!
    I do know my local hospital is staffed by a lot of agency nurses, whose agency charges at least £70.00 per shift.
    A good few years back, I had to take my lad to A&E when he busted a tendon at TKD, to be seen by an "agency" consultant who regularily flew from Lyon, got a chopper from Glasgow, was put up at the best local hotel, and got paid a very well. How do I know this? Well, his script was in French, which had to be translated at Tesco, and the senior pharm knew exactly whose writing it was. Unbelievable. Nice bloke though. :confused:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Cameron wasted 1.8 billion doing that, as well as paying an arm and a leg for a new I.T system, yet the NHS is still using windows XP!

https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/Papers/npfit-mpp-2014-case-history.pdf

With a likely cost of £4 billion, the Health and Social Care Bill has all the hallmarks of an avoidable policy fiasco. | British Politics and Policy at LSE