The Budget 2017

The ills that you have highlighted are pennies compared to the albatross of PFI and constant change programmes. That is where the really big bucks are lost.
You may well be correct but the NHS just can't carry on with no coherent direction on what it is supposed to treat free or at cost. All government departments are subjected to constant change problems so why should the NHS be any different, just because it's the NHS?

You may well be correct but the NHS just can't carry on with no coherent direction on what it is supposed to treat free or at cost. All government departments are subjected to constant change problems so why should the NHS be any different, just because it's the NHS?
The NHS desperately needs to be reformed, but change programmes are expensive. The NHS suffers from constant change with being properly funded to transition through it. A recipe for disaster, IMHO. Perhaps that is the intention?

Don't know how agency nursing rates are going these days in England, but a couple of years back, some Trusts were blowing £1,200 per skull per shift!
I do know my local hospital is staffed by a lot of agency nurses, whose agency charges at least £70.00 per shift.
A good few years back, I had to take my lad to A&E when he busted a tendon at TKD, to be seen by an "agency" consultant who regularily flew from Lyon, got a chopper from Glasgow, was put up at the best local hotel, and got paid a very well. How do I know this? Well, his script was in French, which had to be translated at Tesco, and the senior pharm knew exactly whose writing it was. Unbelievable. Nice bloke though. :confused:

The NHS desperately needs to be reformed but trying to do so when it is starved of cash makes no sense whatsoever.
Cameron wasted 1.8 billion doing that, as well as paying an arm and a leg for a new I.T system, yet the NHS is still using windows XP!

https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/Papers/npfit-mpp-2014-case-history.pdf

With a likely cost of £4 billion, the Health and Social Care Bill has all the hallmarks of an avoidable policy fiasco. | British Politics and Policy at LSE

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Forces Pension Society Armed Forces Pension Scheme 2
Tartan_Terrier Mobile Phones 76
slipperman The Intelligence Cell 167