The Budget - 15 March 2005

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Oracle, Mar 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right then, it's Uncle Gordon's big pre-election giveaway tomorrow so I am not going to ask for guesses as to the content of tomorrows budget because it will all be aimed at sweetening the chav population of GB in order to ensure re-election. Imagine you are Big G, what would you put in tomorrows budget?

I'll start it off:

1. Tax relief on all kit bought by soldiers in order to make up for the shortfall in both quality and quantity.

2. A lower tax rate (or none) whilst deployed on ops (don't give me any of that X factor bollox)

3. Free beer every Friday for all soldiers - serving and ex.

(I wonder how long it will take before this is moved o the NAAFI?)

2. I think the lack of interest in your topic is due to the Inadvertant(?) linking

4. Your Serve :wink:

5. ok, ok.

If you were the Chancellor and formulating the budget for tomorrow, what would you put in it to benefit members of the British Army?

Pedant :wink:

6. Reduction to nil of most benefit (i.e. that for which I pay and receive nowt) to pay for:

(1) No road tax
    (2) No beer Tax
    (3) No petrol tax
    (4) No TV tax
    (5) More Immigration officials

Maybe increase the fags tax. I don't smoke but I feel one should be allowed to if one can afford to. Just banning it seems to be an infringement of the rights which are earnt. If you earn enough you have a right!! :p

Bring back Maggie! :twisted: