Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Iolis, Jun 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Taken from the Radio Times for this evening's listings

Should bring back memories for some

"News;The Brixmis StoryMonday 11 June

8:00pm - 8:30pm

BBC Radio 4

Jolyon Jenkins tells a little known story of the Cold War. The Brixmis officers were some of the most effective gatherers of military intelligence behind the Iron Curtain, stealing Soviet military hardware and searching East German rubbish dumps for classified information."

For our civilian members, and younger soldiers who were not alive at the time, a link to the BRIXMIS Association will give you a little more information.

All the best

2. Spent a lovely evening in their company for the Summer Function across the East at Potsdam at a lovely location looking across the river. Great night, then had fun all cramming our No.2s back on top of whatever we were wearing to the Ball to get back across Glienicke Bridge, we must have looked a right old rag tag bunch.

3. You really know how to cheer someone up on a Monday morning, don't you? :(
  4. Sobering indeed whiskybreath, but consider this; our soldiers are still driving the same armoured vehicles their grandfathers drove in the 1960s -the equivalent of Battle of Britain Spitfires being stationed operationally at RAF Larbruch in the early 1990s!
  5. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

In May 1994 I was consulting with Barclays at Radbroke Hall in Cheshire. One of the girlies announced she was having an 18th birthday bash in a nightclub in Manchester and we were all invited. I did some sums and realised that on the day she was born, I was on a bus from Liverpool to Tidworth returning from an operational tour in Omagh. She could have had me if she'd played her cards - right or worng - but one of her colleagues was a much more appropriate age for me ...
  6. If you want to find out more, book a visit to the Int Corps Museum in Chicksands. They have a very good section all about BRIXMIS. You will need to book in advance as the museum is inside the wire.

Int Corps Museum

7. Count your blessings matie. You could have found yourself sitting in a 'Frog Tours' duick, camoflaged version, nervously splashing into the Thames a few years ago.
  8. Bump - about to start