• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

"The British Military Garrison in Ireland"

From Sinn Fein's website.

The British Army, comprising regular English, Scottish and Welsh regiments and the locally-recruited RIR, maintains a massive garrison across the Six Counties. A British garrison has been in place in the Six Counties since the enforced partition of the island in 1921. It has regularly been reinforced to stand at its current level of circa 19,000 soldiers. Its operational division of the Six Counties is mirrored by the RUC command structure.

THE BRITISH ARMY has a total of 135 fixed military installations/structures throughout the Six Counties.

Accurate figures are difficult to calculate and are deliberately disguised, but according to official British sources, the current overt strength stands at 19,000.
http://www.sinnfein.org/bmgii/barmy.html

http://www.sinnfein.org/bmgii/index.html

I see the RUC are still in existence too.

HarryPalmer said:
From Sinn Fein's website.

The British Army, comprising regular English, Scottish and Welsh regiments and the locally-recruited RIR, maintains a massive garrison across the Six Counties. A British garrison has been in place in the Six Counties since the enforced partition of the island in 1921. It has regularly been reinforced to stand at its current level of circa 19,000 soldiers. Its operational division of the Six Counties is mirrored by the RUC command structure.

THE BRITISH ARMY has a total of 135 fixed military installations/structures throughout the Six Counties.

Accurate figures are difficult to calculate and are deliberately disguised, but according to official British sources, the current overt strength stands at 19,000.
http://www.sinnfein.org/bmgii/barmy.html

http://www.sinnfein.org/bmgii/index.html

I see the RUC are still in existence too.
Well not really surprising I suppose. Last time I looked Northern Ireland was part of the United Kingdom and as such can be garrisoned as the government sees fit. Hmmm RUC??

that website asnt changed its info in at least 8 years, I remember looking at this page in 2000:

Brit Army in NI

The news that we keep a battleship in Carlingford lough is particularly pleasing.

Yeah what the murdering scum bags forget is that Northern Ireland is British and also if it was not for the Army protecting Scum bags like Adams and his puppet McGunniess they would have been killed a long time ago these people are terrorists and should be locked up or move to the Freestate and fcuk off from britian fresh air theifs thats them they like our queen when she is on bank notes don't they. 100k a year for what thats what they are paid by the british.

KevinB said:
Though is more like 5000 troops, the sooner we are completely out of NI, the better.
Why?

For;
Loads to do
Loads to see
Loads to drink
Loads of scenery
Loads of history

Against;
The odd fruit loop trying to have a pop

KevinB said:
Though is more like 5000 troops, the sooner we are completely out of NI, the better.
define out. OP BANNER is no longer, there will be a garrison based on the mainland regional model, where a brigade training for overseas ops will be in place in province permanently.

CC_TA said:
KevinB said:
Why?

For;
Loads to do
Loads to see
Loads to drink
Loads of scenery
Loads of history

Against;
Because we did not belong there then, should have been a UN force, and do not belong there now.

quiller said:
KevinB said:
define out. OP BANNER is no longer, there will be a garrison based on the mainland regional model, where a brigade training for overseas ops will be in place in province permanently.
Completely out. That brigade for overseas ops can train anywhere. No reason for it to be in the six counties.

Kevin you will be saying next then that the british army shouldn't be aloud in the rest of britain. Of course they should be aloud in N.I it is BRITISH

Casper27 said:
Kevin you will be saying next then that the british army shouldn't be aloud in the rest of britain. Of course they should be aloud in N.I it is BRITISH
They should not be in the six. Only prolongs the bitterness and sectarian hatred there.

KevinB said:
CC_TA said:
KevinB said:
Why?

For;
Loads to do
Loads to see
Loads to drink
Loads of scenery
Loads of history

Against;
Because we did not belong there then, should have been a UN force, and do not belong there now.

Wether you like it or not Ulster is part of the UK
As such it is bound to have a British armed forces presence.
Thats just the way it is and just the way it will remain. Nobody else's armed forces belong there and certainly not a UN force.

KevinB said:
Casper27 said:
They should not be in the six. Only prolongs the bitterness and sectarian hatred there.
By "the six" I presume you mean that part of the United Kingdom a little off the coast of Scotland otherwise know as Ulster or Northern Ireland?

jagman said:
KevinB said:
CC_TA said:
KevinB said:
Why?

For;
Loads to do
Loads to see
Loads to drink
Loads of scenery
Loads of history

Against;

Wether you like it or not Ulster is part of the UK
As such it is bound to have a British armed forces presence.
Thats just the way it is and just the way it will remain. Nobody else's armed forces belong there and certainly not a UN force.
In 1969 would sure have been wiser to put a UN force there, mate. And we will eventually give up this albatross of Ulster - it will be freestanding or join with ROI.

No mate it is the sad little people on both sides that are causing the problems. I live here now and see it every day. Most people are starting to grow up but some just can't let go.

Latest Threads