The British ask US to bomb a town in Afghanistan.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Jul 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/5182368.stm

It is an interesting method. Our American friends would say that we bombed proposed targets on a demand. The British could say that they themselves haven't killed even one civilian by own hands.

2. Typical Taleban technique, fighting from non-military targets such as schools and hospitals as it is 'un-ethical' to attack them. B0llocks. Just nuke the place and let our lads get home.

3. Why not simply let the British get home? If "democratically elected" Afghani government is unable to defend own local headquoters by own army then it is unviable. So British military presence is rather an attempt to cure a cadaver.

4. Sounds like a plan. Are you a Septic by any chance?

MsG

5. No mate British by birth Smoggie by the grace of God.

8. Speaks volumes of the state of our armed forces at the minute.
    Bliar sends troops in to head the NATO precence, to show he's
    a great leader and statesman, only to discover we cant provide
    our own air cover.

Especially considering that A10 pilots prefer to attack British targets
    than enemies.

9. Why not?

Unwanted? But why?

Double standards? Where do you see double standards?

10. I can't see any double standars either, guru! Our Sergey may be provocative at times, but he always has the good grace to cede a point if he's wrong and he also listens and reacts to arguments.

I also can't see why he shouldn't be able to voice an opinion or bring forward criticism simply because he's an Ivan. After all, we (Irish, Brits, Welsh, Scots) feel free to criticise Russia (Chechnya, Iran, China), America (just about everything the Septics do), Zimbabwe (dictatorship) etc. Or are we allowed to do that but nobody else?

MsG

11. There's a difference though, we're British and Commonwealth, the rest of the World are just foreigners :eek: :eek:

12. Thing is, why are the press banging on about what we are doing when the Taleban and causing mayhem and ambushing us?

13. I think I've lost the plot on this thread already.

Sergey, do you object to British Forces being supported by US air power (Why the fcuk not) or is it the civilian casulaties that "witnesses" claim they saw (The UK military says there wasn't any) The military claim the school was being used to conceal / launch mortars. Its an acknowledged terrorist tactic. Whats the problem??

Oh, good result on BASAYEV by the way.

14. The implied criticism "150 shops reduced to rubble" and "huge craters" sticks in my throat. The craters might still be there since the Soviet forces commited heinous war crimes against the Afghan people, indiscriminately bombing and killing countless thousands of civillians. At least when the Allies see it fit to bomb, we try to limit collateral damage as much as possible, with legal oversight on all missions. Not presenting medals for more kills. I repeat that I will not accept any criticsm of NATO policy there from any Russian.

15. DPM

DPM Old-Salt

To coin a phrase, 'We broke it, so we own it'.