The British Army's Most Senior Para Walt (SPW)

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by why_am_I_here?, Sep 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You've got to wonder at the nerve of some people, haven't you? There's been a lot of chat on here about walts of various guises, but this guy has to be the most senior para walt in the Army. Yes, you guessed it, it's none other than Lieutenant General Sir Alexander Richard David Shirreff KCB CBE, presently DSACEUR. I noticed his bio as COMMARRC in Germany, and indeed he makes no bones about it (ARRC - Allied Rapid Reaction Corps | Lieutenant General Sir Richard Shirreff to become Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe (DSACEUR)), even mentioning on his bio that he apparently earned the wings that he wears as a, er - divisional commander. As there are no 2-star 'para role' billets that I've ever heard of, this officially makes him the Army's SPW. Gotta admire yer nerve, Rich!

Anyone know of any other notable PWs, that we should be told about?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fixed it for you, because you're great.

BBC NEWS | UK | Profile: Major General Richard Shirreff

I think the OP is a bit of a jealous ****.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You fixed nothing, look at the editing times ;-)

4. Ok, you win. Take some more:

5. What? He did P Coy at the age of 50? Yeah right. Sounds to me like he got a Padres' Pass. Or, should he be wearing a 'Light Bulb'?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Who cares?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Not me, but isn't that vid ace?

• Like Like x 1
  8. It's not like he's claiming he is in the ACF and was HCR pathfinder in SRR, SASC and a farrier in HMCR like me old mucca Verdi_811 now is it?

9. He was referring to this bit! (and quite rightly so)

"Maj Gen Shirreff is married to Sarah-Jane and the couple have two teenage children."

Photos please!

10. Qiute a coincidence! That lad joined 4 Para when he grew up

• Like Like x 1
  11. You're not big enough to go over my knee you know.

Mind you, you'd probably enjoy it.

12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I'd surely qualify...meant to train high jump, long shot, balloon extrication, didn't even pass P-company (got caught up)...only para lid I can wear is a black pancake á la IV Grace Road...

13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Well done DN, using "grew up" and "4 Para" in one sentence and almost making it believable!

14. I doubt it, he's a Scouser, he probably nicked the wings, then went walting.

As opposed to waltzing, which is what you do, you big poof.