The British Army's Most Senior Para Walt (SPW)

You've got to wonder at the nerve of some people, haven't you? There's been a lot of chat on here about walts of various guises, but this guy has to be the most senior para walt in the Army. Yes, you guessed it, it's none other than Lieutenant General Sir Alexander Richard David Shirreff KCB CBE, presently DSACEUR. I noticed his bio as COMMARRC in Germany, and indeed he makes no bones about it (ARRC - Allied Rapid Reaction Corps | Lieutenant General Sir Richard Shirreff to become Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe (DSACEUR)), even mentioning on his bio that he apparently earned the wings that he wears as a, er - divisional commander. As there are no 2-star 'para role' billets that I've ever heard of, this officially makes him the Army's SPW. Gotta admire yer nerve, Rich!

Anyone know of any other notable PWs, that we should be told about?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You fixed nothing, look at the editing times ;-)

You fixed nothing, look at the editing times ;-)
Ok, you win. Take some more:

[video=youtube;JXLkg3WIXS4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXLkg3WIXS4[/video]

What? He did P Coy at the age of 50? Yeah right. Sounds to me like he got a Padres' Pass. Or, should he be wearing a 'Light Bulb'?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Who cares?

It's not like he's claiming he is in the ACF and was HCR pathfinder in SRR, SASC and a farrier in HMCR like me old mucca Verdi_811 now is it?

Ok, you win. Take some more:

[video=youtube;JXLkg3WIXS4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXLkg3WIXS4[/video]
Qiute a coincidence! That lad joined 4 Para when he grew up

He was referring to this bit! (and quite rightly so)

"Maj Gen Shirreff is married to Sarah-Jane and the couple have two teenage children."

Photos please!
You're not big enough to go over my knee you know.

Mind you, you'd probably enjoy it.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
I'd surely qualify...meant to train high jump, long shot, balloon extrication, didn't even pass P-company (got caught up)...only para lid I can wear is a black pancake á la IV Grace Road...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Qiute a coincidence! That lad joined 4 Para when he grew up
Well done DN, using "grew up" and "4 Para" in one sentence and almost making it believable!

Quite a coincidence! That lad joined 4 Para when he grew up
I doubt it, he's a Scouser, he probably nicked the wings, then went walting.

As opposed to waltzing, which is what you do, you big poof.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
I doubt it, he's a Scouser, he probably nicked the wings, then went walting.

As opposed to waltzing, which is what you do, you big poof.
united sattes marine corps aviator wings.jpg

...I'm sort of a mickey mouser (he doesn't say he's a la', but he is a la' (i.e. lad/lass)) but I recon these might be my first wings...vtol...oooooh...suits you sir...

(Mickey Mouse...Buena Vista...social club...xray...delta...personal trainer...blonde...hilarious...xxx)

Latest Threads