The 'British ' 10K - london 10 July 2011 - Black Daps On ?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Goatman, Jun 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Well, here we are again.....quite extraordinary.....

On Sunday 10th July I hope to see the following perss front and centre in Trafalgar Square no later than 0800 in their Combat Stress running tops for the nth running of the much-derided British 10K :

Goatman
    .Dolly
    PanzerSoldat

yes - we know it's a cattle stampede
    yes- we know they will probably run out of water after the first 5,000 runners have gone through
    yes - we know its overpriced and STILL under-resourced and chaotic
    Yes - any banner bitches/phots/fellow Arrsers would be very welcome
    No - we don't anticipate PBs
    No - we don't think queuing for a 10 am Start for the preceeding two hours is funny
    No - there won't be any beer at the Picnic In The Park afterwards

If you are running this race, whether for Combat Stress or another charity, get in here and tell us all about it :)

PS
    here's picture of a very fit runner, 'cos i can
    [​IMG]

2. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Nah that's some totty called Sarah Harding posing with a page 3 model who ran this year's London Marathon in 3 hours 11 minutes.........fit in almost every respect, apart from when she is doing adverts foor Activia...

Will you be pounding the pavement then Deputy Dee ?

3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

We are running this race for fourth year in a row to raise a few bob ( and crucially, public awareness) of the charity Combat Stress.

Their website is here About Us - Combat Stress

This is one story from their archive:

4. More importantly old chap is the night before. FUP+H Hr and are there any friendly c/s on hand (read girls who demand to bump uglies after consuming 2 small beers)

5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

As long as they sell shandy.......got your accom sorted yet ? I'll prolly be at the CS Club or VSC.

As regards bumpy jumpered friendlies , may I refer the Hon Member to either Shepherd Market or Brewer Street (provided he is suitably equipped with surplus-to-current-needs beer vouchers) ? Mind you, given how Soho has changed over the past decade ( I blame Tony Bliar) you might want to check the premises for unwanted meat and two veg first......

As you've got your Justgiving page sorted I'll set one up for me and .dolls so as to avoid contusions.

pip pip, what ? Random.

PS hey, I hear MrRandom is REALLY good mates with that naughty minx Reede Fox? Why don't you ask him to bring her along ?

6. I'll be there. Supporting combat stress.

7. I'll be there running for Combat Stress too.

8. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

yaaay...well done farmboy ---that makes Arrse contingent so far ...er...four of us ! :)

Me'n'Bee ? Mr deputy ?

BUMP - anyone else running ?

Don't be shy - we seldom bite ( well, unless you catch .dolly on a bad day when she's been breathing jam-fumes all morning !)

My intent is to

A) be sober at the Start
    B) get round

PS hey Panzerbloke - did Reede Fox get back to you yet ?

( and is it true she will be supporting you from the middle of Westminster Bridge in nothing but a C-S top and some shiny high-heels ? )

[​IMG]
    --

9. Unfortunately not, however I put it down to shock....whether it's positive or negative shock is debatable though. Sorry to read your intentions are thus, I'll try my damnedest to make sure one of them doesn't happen :0)

10. I know where the RV is, but at what time?

11. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

See t'other thread!

12. S'ok, mate, just read the first post again, hahahaha

13. Cheers, .Dolly

14. FUP for tonights pre race drinky poos is at The Lord Moon on the Mall at 1930hrs, Alec, myself and Goatman in attendance so far.