The Brit awards - Stormzy? Who he?

Nope, not necessarily, but there is a context. They were made at the height of recession. But ideas are there to be copied. So effectively I think we've gone back there. In context, I take it Dua Lippa or whatever she calls herself has realised that she can count to two, that every mouth has two lips- or may be her nickname is Tulip.
I was actually joking

"And we still need support for the Windrush generation / Reparations for the time our people spent on plantations,"
Oh FFS! A 21 year old Londoner who clearly knows the sum total of jack about the world and most likely knows nothing about the rest of the UK.

"The truth is our prime minister is a real racist"
I wonder if he'd be willing to go to court to defend his accusation?
Still, a photo op wth Corbyn or Khan should be in the press in the next couple of days no doubt.

Oh FFS! A 21 year old Londoner who clearly knows the sum total of jack about the world and most likely knows nothing about the rest of the UK.

Still, a photo op wth Corbyn or Khan should be in the press in the next couple of days no doubt.
Exactly what I was thinking. I'm wondering if the PM's soliciter is waiting for the word 'go'.

I'd like to think that Boris, whilst so far upsetting all the sorts of cnuts I have no time for, might just set aside a few minutes of refusing to be sneered at by the BBC for a cosy fireside chat with that Dominic chap.

" Called me a racist on TV, plenty of witnesses, what do you reckon?"

" Be good for shit and giggles, let's see him in the box eh?"

Record company has a sudden vacancy.

Tool

LE
So far, Downing Street have said "no comment". It would be good to have the accusation challenged in an actual court, rather than on the socials.

philc

LE

Perfect example of the message young black people receive via a simplistic approach to complex issues. Windrush/Slavery/Grenfell tower are all racist, give us money.

Boris should release a rap record in time for next years Brits. He should include in the lyrics about how hard it is being an old Etonian, having to put up with being called a racist all the time, without being able to respond in kind.

Time to change the name of this annual shit fest to the Anti-Brits Award?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
So far, Downing Street have said "no comment". It would be good to have the accusation challenged in an actual court, rather than on the socials.
A simple response would be to ask Drivel Dave to explain why.

The problem I have with the 'no comment'-type response is that it allows the comment to stand. It then remains as fact in some people's minds.

And the Tories really do need to crack the youth vote.

I was sat watching last night, and realised I had heard of none of them other than Ron Wood and Rod Stewart at the end (and Johnny Marr). OK I had heard of the Stormzy bloke, but couldn't pick him out of a line up.

I had to go to the toilet and pour bleach in my eyes after that fat mess was wobbling herself round the stage, obviously trying to entice @ScaleyAlbereto had finished.

Anyway, I was listing to that bilge pouring out of "Dave", and couldn't help wondering if a white rapper was stood on stage saying overtly racist things like that, the meeja would be up in arms, it would be absolutely everywhere. But know, white people are the racists.

Are the Brits trying to over-compensate for the Oscars?

I was sat watching last night, and realised I had heard of none of them other than Ron Wood and Rod Stewart at the end (and Johnny Marr). OK I had heard of the Stormzy bloke, but couldn't pick him out of a line up.

I had to go to the toilet and pour bleach in my eyes after that fat mess was wobbling herself round the stage, obviously trying to entice @ScaleyAlbereto had finished.

Anyway, I was listing to that bilge pouring out of "Dave", and couldn't help wondering if a white rapper was stood on stage saying overtly racist things like that, the meeja would be up in arms, it would be absolutely everywhere. But know, white people are the racists.

A fat mess you Say? A name or piccie of her?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Years ago, I happened to watch some local TV debate. MC Somebody-or-Other piped up in his faux patois about 'police dis an' police dat'. He was a parody of the big US rappers of the time. He looked small, pathetic and a bit of a winger.

Now, I see that he was ground-breaking. His inane spoutings have gone mainstream.

It seems that you can't win an award in this country any more without attacking the Tories. You've no cred if you don't.

That 80-seat majority must really sting some people.

The point is that it really needs to be noticed - i.e. not dismissed - by Tory Central Office. Not engaging is to let this grow and it IS important.

Years ago, I happened to watch some local TV debate. MC Somebody-or-Other piped up in his faux patois about 'police dis an' police dat'. He was a parody of the big US rappers of the time. He looked small, pathetic and a bit of a winger.
I recently read he Enclycopaedia of Dead Rock Stars.
Very good, and not just about 'rock'. Plenty of dead reggae artists, soul singers and rappers.
While soul chaps tend to soft-shoe-shuffle off he planet, reggae guys get wiped in political linked shootings, and US rappers spend a lot of time killing each other, innit?
When NWA have a 'hit' with 'Fuck the Police', and when rappers get offed, it is a case of 'didn't see nuthin'..' - and next week a rival label's star gets gunned down... is it any wonder he culcha is one of violent rhetoric and victimhood?

I've got a cheeky bet on with the current mrs_mush that Mr Stormzy is a closet friend of Dorothy.