The Brit awards - Stormzy? Who he?

I saw this on the news and wondered if the guy had his wires crossed? Theresa May wasn’t responsible for passing the Grenfell hat around AFAIK, and the only criminals are some of the fraudulent claimants of the fund.

When entertainers comment on matters other than; smacking their bitches; popping caps in their bottoms; drugs; gaol or stabbing each other, they are more often than not talking shite.
He’ll be the Bono of rap bless him.

Yet another ill informed mouthpiece with delusions of that his opinion matters .

The entertainment industry has more than a few.

I thnk it was Brad Pitt who when asked about some Political thing or other trotted out

"I'm a man who wears make up for a living what the hell do I know "

Or words to that effect

E413D6B5-148E-44D4-BA7D-903C76579D94.png

He appears to be taking part in a Command Performance for the Army Council of PIRA.

YGIAGAM OP.

I just looked at the BBC TOP forty.

Only ever heard anything by one person on it, Eminem.

Heard the names of a couple of them: Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, but never heard any music by them. (edit: I heard Sheeran sing a song on GOT).

I listen to music all day long as well.
What station, classical?
His music shit but the kids love it.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jer-emy Corbyn.....

I predict Stomzey and other pop stars will be getting into bed with Jeremy Corbyn and endorsing him for PM, just as Oasis and other Britpop bands did with New Labour back in the 90's

So Stormzy (had to Google him to be honest) wins a Brit award and uses the occasion to slate Theresa May, calling her a criminal and accuses her of withholding the money due to the victims of Grenfell (don’t get me started on that, there’s a whole thread devoted to it!).
What a posturing twat - this is in the NAAFI to allow weapons free and also because he has no business being in the Films, Music and All Things Arty Forum.
Music? You’re having a laugh! :sad:
He's who your wife is fantasising about fucking while she is being bukkakied on the pool table by big ron and Gypsy jon down your local

He's who your wife is fantasising about ******* while she is being bukkakied on the pool table by big ron and Gypsy jon down your local
Your fantasy, not my wife's!

looool old skl gas weren't running from narm they where running from the TSG VAN common sense if ur wid ur boys like wid like 30 Man U gonna run away from less than 10 man when u can 5 dons on each man idiots, Nun u lil pussyoles been 2 k town. U fink south londons ruff. I dare u take 29 bus up north. North gangs chew u up.
Send key setting, over.

According to certain sources the Grenfell survivors have all been given funds, rehoused or are in temporary accomodation or hotels, all possible unpleasantness around illegal subletting or residence status waived and RBKC are spending £235m to secure 300 properties in the area

Other reports from the usual suspects suggest they are living in squalid shit holes unfit for vermin devoid of any support whatsoever whilst Tories laugh madly and channel Scrooge McDuck by wallowing in cash supposed to be for them.

Take your pick.

Whilst I ain't down wiv da kids music n stuff now'a'days, some modern people I do like are Ed Sheeran and Rag n Bone man. They can both put out a couple of good head nod tunes.

But, I think proper music and rock n roll life style stopped when Oasis stopped. It all went shit n snowflake after then.

I'm off to listen to a bit of Jefferson Airplane and Frankie Valli and the four seasons (the night and Beggin you. Classics!).

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Whilst I ain't down wiv da kids music n stuff now'a'days, some modern people I do like are Ed Sheeran and Rag n Bone man. They can both put out a couple of good head nod tunes.

But, I think proper music and rock n roll life style stopped when Oasis stopped. It all went shit n snowflake after then.

I'm off to listen to a bit of Jefferson Airplane and Frankie Valli and the four seasons (the night and Beggin you. Classics!).
You got the like for the bit in bold :)

A rant against the (wo)Man always goes down well in the music biz because it appeals to the utopian naivety of young minds. It's much easier to part kids from their money if you can get them to believe there are simple solutions to complex problems like poverty and illiteracy.

The fact is however that the victims of Grenfell are being very well looked after by the Govt/Council and the donations that the public made.

Contrast that to treatment of the Bangladeshi workers that make the Nike trainers, tracksuits and iPhones that Stormzy and his ilk idolise. Those people labour long hours in poor conditions for meagre pay and rights.

Stormzy seems like a decent bloke and his rant may have been spontaneous, but the beneficiaries of his words won't be the downtrodden, it will be the record companies who know popular music is all about monetising youthful desire.

I channel hopped and watched this for a few minutes - Kendrick Lamarr was on and it kept saying "audio muted" so I have absolutely no idea what he was singing/rapping about - if anything.most peculiar. I'm now watching Jimi Hendrix no an old Sound of the 60s I recorded - proper music!

I've been listening to No.3 on the top 100:

Ralph Vaughan Williams – Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis

I'm going to follow this up with No.13:

Karl Jenkins – The Armed Man: A Mass for Peace

Tomorrow I shall listen to Popmaster on Ken Bruce and be satisfied that I know very few answers after 2000.