The Brit Awards - Another Step Towards Androgyny?

The Brit Awards have now scrapped male and female categories. Will the MOBOs now follow suit and become more inclusive?

In all seriousness will the Oscars et al be falling over themselves to replicate this or will the more astute realise that means only half as many awards to go around?

The last time the Brit Awards was relevant was decades ago

Is that playing at the correct speed?

E2A:
What are the Brit awards?:oops:

Yup the most popular band in the UK at the time, and they wanted to go with a bang (well firing blanks over the heads of the audience anyway)

This is what the attendees were expecting to hear,,,

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I truly don't care as I've never watched it.

Wetneck

Old-Salt
I'm sure it will make some people feel more included. I also suspect it'll start some dissent about how the new format prefers some over others.

I'd hate to try and call it but I'd be surprised if at the next ceremony someone who wouldn't have previously felt comfortable in the male or female categories wins an award and everyone celebrates the inclusion, dare I say it even if there were others more deserving on the merit of their music.

Silly twisted being of whatever persuasion you imagine yourself to be. It's not about merit, it's about virtue signalling like an epileptic on speed...

The wokerati have devalued pretty much anything they touch and made it irrelevant.

The Brit Awards have now scrapped male and female categories. Will the MOBOs now follow suit and become more inclusive?

In all seriousness will the Oscars et al be falling over themselves to replicate this or will the more astute realise that means only half as many awards to go around?

To some extent I agree. Male, female and (insert any other gender identity) all comepete on a level playing field, unlike most sports.
However, as someone else just pointed out, this must mean that there will be fewer prizes on offer.

Camm1

LE
To some extent I agree. Male, female and (insert any other gender identity) all comepete on a level playing field, unlike most sports.
However, as someone else just pointed out, this must mean that there will be fewer prizes on offer.
And the resultant tv program will be half as long.

No, the winners will just have to take twice as long to glide towards the stage to rapturous applause, then have twice as long to become emotional and make empty statements about poor people and the planet.

Are KLF that bunch that make fried chicken?j

I believe it all started from the Britannia book/music club am I right? And whoever posted about Sam Fox and Mick Fleetwood, I remember watching that, no sound, Was a bit sad really, fit bird, music legend ,production fcuk up.

actually NOT, because they'll be reintroducing some categories...

Reducing the number of artist awards has also allowed the Brits to reintroduce genre-based prizes for the first time since 2006.

Covering pop, rock, dance and rap, the awards will be voted for by fans - a departure for The Brits, which typically distributes prizes based on votes from music industry insiders.

in other words, some talentless tosspot with a good twitter following will scoop the award.
OR some talentless tosspot with a good PR company will flood the voting lines.

I believe it all started from the Britannia book/music club am I right? And whoever posted about Sam Fox and Mick Fleetwood, I remember watching that, no sound, Was a bit sad really, fit bird, music legend ,production fcuk up.

I hardly think that Sam Fox qualifies as a music legend.
Oh, I see.