The Brighton Bomber

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Technocratic_Turbine, Oct 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This article is from the Daily Mailaise [sic] :-

Link

Is there any one outraged by Patrick Magee's appearance and statements at a 'reception' in the House of Commons? I suspect he was one of the ones set free in accordance to the 'Good Friday Agreement'.

2. Would the yanks ever let bin liner stick his arrse in the air @ ground zero?

3. Fu ck a stoat! I am staggered that the twat was invited to parliament in the first place. One hopes that it was so that Schweppes can update their profile on the cnt with a view to liquidating him in the near future!

4. To be honest, I'm surprised that he wasn't invited sooner. If there is one thing this government loves to do, it's to kick it's servicemen in the nuts.

They haven't gone away you know.

5. none of the above surprises; makes it no less annoying though - these K-U-N-T-S in power are doing what it says on the tin - part of the pandora's box that was opened when they were elected :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

6. "If there is one thing this government loves to do, it's to kick it's servicemen in the nuts."

Correct sir and they are doing all they can to delay the report of That Sunday in Londonderry, perhaps until they next government is in.

john
    and of course as you say

"They haven't gone away you know."

7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

8. The Government had nothing to do with inviting Magee to Westminster - it was done by an independent All-Party Working Group in conjunction with a charity.

9. Lets remember,he is working for peace and understanding now.

Leopard,spots etc

10. What is there to discuss? Magee was a murdering Fenian scumbucket and he still is.

End of.

11. My bold.

Real Politic by decision makers cooled The Troubles, like it or hate it.

This is just self-aggrandizing froth from the commons herd.

B

12. He's piled on the pounds since I last saw him :D

13. How very New Labour, a man sentenced to 35 years minimum life sentence, released after serving 13, just over 1/3 of his mandatory sentence, for an offence which in the past has been punished with death (Guy Fawkes et al).

The fact that this piece of terrorist scum is breathing offends me, that he has tasted the air inside the Houses of Parliament that he tried so avidly to destroy rubs salt into the wounds inflicted from 40 years of terrorism which has destroyed lives.

At a minimum we should expect him to die in prison. Thankyou Mr Bliar.

14. Having spent a short time working as a university lecturer, I care passionately about ensuring high standards of argumentation in public debate.

Magee claims that the actions of the PIRA cannot be morally distinguished from those of the British Army. I feel this is a point worth exploring further.

In the interests of promoting a keener understanding of accurate argumentation, I should like to task a Research Assistant to take a Black & Decker, drill holes through both Magee's kneecaps, and then ask him if he still could see no difference between the British Army and the PIRA.

No need to murder members of his close family, obviously, because we need to keep some sense of proportionality in our efforts to educate Magee into more rigorous ways of thinking, but it would be interesting to know if Magee would revise his intellectual stance in the light of our little experiment.

Or perhaps he thinks the British Army regularly drilled holes in people's kneecaps? Once people reach a sufficient level of bigoted self-delusion, there's absolutely no telling what tosh they will claim to believe.

All the best,

John.

15. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

This cannot coma as a surprise to anybody. If you give in to terrorist demands and release hundreds of murderers then allow them into government what do you expect?