The Brexit reconciliation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily, you don’t get a say.
I am British, right down to the T shirt. Unionist too.

What I’m not is a brexiter or supportive of this useless farrago of shit.

If you wish to collaborate and associate yourself with this ruinous exercise. Go ahead.
But look at the state of the clown running the show.
You think he’s the one to deliver it .
"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right". I'll take Boris over the EU Federalist leadership any day.

The GFA assured everyone that the Irish question had been answered and the problem solved.

I still think it was by accident, but whatever it was it worked. Brexit looks to have the capacity to wreck that.

2016 the centenary of the Easter rising in Dublin. It was barely mentioned by Sinn Fein. The dissidents were nowhere to be seen and the Irish Government made sure that the shinners got nowhere near the front of the proceedings. (The shinners didn’t mind as all it did was remind them how far we had come and how little they had attained)

Then along comes Brexit. The shinners are back on their hind legs. And a United Ireland is looking more of a possibility than at any time in the last 50 years.

And the little englanders are willing to make the U.K. even smaller, poorer and with less influence.

Even Theresa May would have stood her ground today.
How does Britain actually lose influence?

We're the 5th largest economy in the world, we have one of the more capable armed forces. We are one of very few countries in the world who pay the full asked for fee in world aid.

How does shackling ourselves to 20+/- countries that couldn't even make it in to the 3rd division help? How does our 'influence' influenced by these countries count for anything?

While the thread clearly isn't about reconciliation, lets consider what might actually be needed for reconciliation to occur: -
The losers need to recognise they lost because they are a minority and in democracies that's how it works and shut the Fu*k up about it.
The winners need to remember "least said soonest mended" and shut the Fu*k up about it.
On ARRSE this will not happen as the purpose of ARRSE is to allow boring old farts to bang on endlessly to other boring old farts, thus letting the rest of the world get on with life.

The above assumes that the majority win. If this doesn't happen it will not be over and there will be a price to pay for winning. I have no idea what that price will be, but I suspect it be large.

In the spirit of reconciliation,

TENA for men should be prescribed free to all Remainer males.

Then along comes Brexit. The shinners are back on their hind legs. And a United Ireland is looking more of a possibility than at any time in the last 50 years.

And the little englanders are willing to make the U.K. even smaller, poorer and with less influence.

O’Skid

NI is worth a whole £30 billion to the UK GDP
Less than a single medium sized English city.

If you consider the subsidies we pay NI, getting rid if it is a positive on the UKs balance sheet.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Do you honestly believe the shoite you type ?

Under the EU, those minor, unimportant little Countries are going to disappear and become, unimportant little Regions.

Give your head a shake and get off the drugs

And Brexit is going to lead us where?
Yellowhammer, Black Swan papers.
Where’s al the good stuff, the sunlit uplands?
Why isn’t that stuff getting leaked?
As for becoming unimportant little regions. Of course they are, yet for the moment they’re just having fun with us before they’re subsumed into a homogeneous European superstate.

You know, I could see that happening.it would make visiting Europe pretty dull. I’m sure the Belgians and the Dutch are really looking forward to it.

And Brexit is going to lead us where?
Yellowhammer, Black Swan papers.
Where’s al the good stuff, the sunlit uplands?
Why isn’t that stuff getting leaked?
As for becoming unimportant little regions. Of course they are, yet for the moment they’re just having fun with us before they’re subsumed into a homogeneous European superstate.

You know, I could see that happening.it would make visiting Europe pretty dull. I’m sure the Belgians and the Dutch are really looking forward to it.

Brexit is going to lead you to a United Ireland O’Skid.

Kiss goodbye to all those things you take fur granted like a properly functioning health service.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
How does Britain actually lose influence?

We're the 5th largest economy in the world, we have one of the more capable armed forces. We are one of very few countries in the world who pay the full asked for fee in world aid.

How does shackling ourselves to 20+/- countries that couldn't even make it in to the 3rd division help? How does our 'influence' influenced by these countries count for anything?
We were the 5th largest economy in the world.

Take a look around you, we’re the fifth largest economy in the world with food banks, a growing housing crisis, full employment where people cant afford to live. Rising homelessness and in work poverty.

Have a look in a recruitment offices window (do they still have offices) and look at the wages and the hours. Anything there that would tempt you?

And the government has done nothing for the last three years, except wreck itself. What have we achieved in the last three years?
Do you feel any better off, I’m sure you don’t.

How does Brexit cost us influence. It already has. Our diplomatic image and soft power reputation allied with a talent for pragmatism. That was destroyed by the brexiters who went over to negotiate.

The Eu took us seriously, sending Davis showed that we didn’t. We asked them for the backstop to keep the negotiations moving, they gave us that. We agreed it and renaged on it. The Eu stiffened it when Davis announced we could just ignore it. And threatening not to pay the legitimate bills that we owe. How does that make us look?

We ask for extensions and then waste the time. The foreign press and that includes the Americans, they think we’ve lost our minds.

Once we get Brexit we lose any say in what goes on in the Eu at the top table.
We’ve lost our seat on the International court of justice. Our political capital at the UN is weakened as we aren’t automatically aligned with the Eu and could lose our UN Security Council seat.

It’s not going to be an immediate collapse, what it will be, is what it’s turning into a costly and pointless waste of time.

And as for capable armed forces, what do you suggest we do with them?

Reconcilliation will never happen, because all remainers are stinking traitors and all leavers are stinking traitors,

I'm very happy to forgive all Remainers but will just be accused of not knowing what I'm forgiving them for.

So **** 'em.

Reconciliation ? You've played a match and won on goal difference. The opposition refuses to accept the fact and tries everything to overturn it after the game ?
Yeah, two can play at that game.

That’s the thing withMiller & her court case. If she wins the gloves will be off. I can see the likes of Aaron Banks or someone similar crippling any remain led government with litigation with every decision being put through court.

So far leavers have been stoical in their behaviour. If Brexit is not delivered in a meaningful way I do believe it will be game on.

Maastricht.
Lisbon.
2016 Referendum.

When remain have reconciled those things, we can move on and implement a UK constitution to make sure future generations never have to deal with Brexitism (and traitors) ever again, be it war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads