Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The Brexit Consequences Thread

An unusual action? An MP lobbying a foreign government on behalf of the UK. Which ever side of the Brexit debate you're on, it seems strange to me as to who's authority he's doing this on, unless PMTM instructed him to do so.

'Daniel Kawczynski, the MP for Shrewsbury and Atcham in Shropshire, revealed his request in a tweet in which he said: “Any attempts by Remainer MPs to delay or obstruct Brexit must be opposed. Today I have formally asked Polish Government to veto any motions by EU to allow extension of Article 50." '

Read more at: Daniel Kawczynski: Tory MP asks Poland to block Article 50 extension – and force no-deal Brexit

Sounds fair enough.

If it's OK for Soros to bankroll Quisling shitweasels like Blair & co then have at it.

P
An unusual action? An MP lobbying a foreign government on behalf of the UK. Which ever side of the Brexit debate you're on, it seems strange to me as to who's authority he's doing this on, unless PMTM instructed him to do so.

'Daniel Kawczynski, the MP for Shrewsbury and Atcham in Shropshire, revealed his request in a tweet in which he said: “Any attempts by Remainer MPs to delay or obstruct Brexit must be opposed. Today I have formally asked Polish Government to veto any motions by EU to allow extension of Article 50." '

Read more at: Daniel Kawczynski: Tory MP asks Poland to block Article 50 extension – and force no-deal Brexit

Isn't he also a Polish citizen?

P

Isn't he also a Polish citizen?

Don't know and don't really care. My interest is that a British MP can apparently 'officially' lobby a foreign government - the question is under who's authority?

Doesn't say anything about dual nationality one way or the other.

'People wishing to stand as an MP must be over 18 years of age, be a British citizen or citizen of a Commonwealth country or the Republic of Ireland.'

Who can stand as an MP?

ETA: Apparently Australia is the only Commonwealth country to ban dual nationals from becoming MPs although given recent events with Chinese dual nationals, I wouldn't be surprised if NZ isn't thinking the same way.

Last edited:
Isn't it rather different when its the PM speaking for 'his government', rather than just an apparently random MP seemingly making up the government's position..
How? Did Cameron actually ask the Govt for its position on Brexit at the time? The very same Govt that pushed for the actual referendum, the very same Govt that pushed for Art 50 to be invoked.

Don't know and don't really care. My interest is that a British MP can apparently 'officially' lobby a foreign government - the question is under who's authority?

Doesn't say anything about dual nationality one way or the other.

'People wishing to stand as an MP must be over 18 years of age, be a British citizen or citizen of a Commonwealth country or the Republic of Ireland.'

Who can stand as an MP?

ETA: Apparently Australia is the only Commonwealth country to ban dual nationals from becoming MPs although given recent events with Chinese dual nationals, I wouldn't be surprised if NZ isn't thinking the same way.

Remainer MP's were ok to get cosy with the EU and lobby against Brexit so the rules of the game can work both ways

Not being part of Germanys new European Army seems a fair consequence

Now even Germanys Dear Leader admits it, I wonder when the remainer conspiraloons like Lord Adonis will finally get the hint

Why are France/Germany signing friendship and cooperation agreements? They are in the EU who, apparently, are IC Negotiations.

Are we seeing a two tier EU being confirmed. If I were one of the smaller countries I would be very worried.

I wondering when Germany and France will start talking about 'Living Space' for their citizens!

Some considerable while ago I came to the conclusion that an "Establishment" Brexit was being foisted on the public but took some slight comfort from the anticipation that when the next General Election was called that all the Remainer MP's who failed to represent the wishes of there constituents sufficiently enthusiastically would not be re-elected.

I'd always been led to understand that this was how our representative democracy works - the electorate decide who it will be that represents there interests to government.

Apparently I have been labouring under a vastly huge misunderstanding as I discovered after having recently passed a most instructive couple of hours in the company of a Constitutional Historian.

In reality the role of an MP is to represent the interests of the government to the electorate .

Ah well, every day's a school day.

Not being part of Germanys new European Army seems a fair consequence

Now even Germanys Dear Leader admits it, I wonder when the remainer conspiraloons like Lord Adonis will finally get the hint

That was one of the reasons the Irish turned down the ratification of the first European treaty when asked. (Can’t remember which one, around 2008/9) They ensured that they couldn’t be compelled to join a common defence force. Europe complied with the request and Ireland signed up accordingly.

If we didn’t feel the need to join up to a European defence force we didn’t have to. We still don’t.
I don’t know what the French will call us after brexit, ‘mild and indifferent tasting cheese eating surrender monkeys’.
(Considering a lot of the cheddar cheese on U.K. supermarket shelves comes from Ireland)
Damn I’m going to have to become a smuggler again.