Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The Brexit Consequences Thread

While you may not have used those exact words in that post, and others, the impression you give is that exactly! Do you now just want one word replies to your posts or do you want me to give a wee bit explanation why I have just said what I post?

Now, you have not posted the last part of the above paragraph in your post so is that question another part of your straw man fantasy? Generally I prefer to give a bit of reasoning behind my posts and to be honest, I usually don't give a flying f*ck what others think of it, but your accusation required a bit more from me than the norm.
So you admit to making stuff up!

Well done, I congratulate your honesty on this rare occasion!

So you admit to making stuff up!

Well done, I congratulate your honesty on this rare occasion!
Now where did I say that, are you slipping into straw man mode? I didn't make anything up, I explained my reasoning. Obviously too complicated an issue for you so back to your crayons.

Oooo hark at you!

I hope you do get the hard brexit you thoroughly deserve, no skin off my nose!

Funny how the permascreeching expats - having bailed out of the country - never seem to tire of telling those who remain how they should live.

Also, somewhat paradoxically, they all seem eager to profess how not bothered they are.

Blast from the past:

Once upon a time in HM Customs and Excise

But fear not, HMRC are on the case. Whatever that might be....

Thus roll out their new Customs Declaration Service in phases from August with a fallback contingency onto an uprated version of the old CHIEF system and then buy in the "Single Window" customs system from Singapore.

Oh and selectively ease border checks until all that works not to mention recruiting another 5000 staff.

All sub optimal of course but they have been given the shitty end of the stick largely thanks to Government infighting.

Always going to be the case that EC would give two fingers to the White Paper proposal because they don't trust HMRC to slice and dice the 12,500+ EU import tariffs let alone the Import VAT on stuff from outside the EU which, come 2022, changes so that UK would be collecting for EU.

Funny how the permascreeching expats - having bailed out of the country - never seem to tire of telling those who remain how they should live.

Also, somewhat paradoxically, they all seem eager to profess how not bothered they are.
Just keep paying taxes, it pays my wages! ;)

E2A you can live as you want tbh, but don't forget you "won" so have fun with the "winnings"!

Yes "they" (actually that should be "we") do demand it, but implementation into national law is the responsibility of the national governments, a job that UK governments seem to be spectacularly bad at!

You seem to be criticising the UK legal system in the second paragraph, not sure how that is relevant!
Selectively then it would seem on the basis of “subsidiarity” I do criticise the Legal system for not being even handed, I can criticise on a fair basis. If the British Government can selectively promote HR for Matrix chambers to make a bomb out of immigration issues, shouldn’t the same be true of Banking retail misappropriations? AFter all the EU says they should. Conveniently Labour removed the 1988 Banking act, in 2005. And I have a letter from David Lammy re legal aid which interprets National interest as nothing more than convenience. Unfortunately ( I don’t know if it’s changed since) but the ECJ won’t hear a case from the U.K. unless it’s To challenge an SC hearing. So you see the argument of non implementation works both ways.

Blast from the past:

Once upon a time in HM Customs and Excise

But fear not, HMRC are on the case. Whatever that might be....

Thus roll out their new Customs Declaration Service in phases from August with a fallback contingency onto an uprated version of the old CHIEF system and then buy in the "Single Window" customs system from Singapore.

Oh and selectively ease border checks until all that works not to mention recruiting another 5000 staff.

All sub optimal of course but they have been given the shitty end of the stick largely thanks to Government infighting.

Always going to be the case that EC would give two fingers to the White Paper proposal because they don't trust HMRC to slice and dice the 12,500+ EU import tariffs let alone the Import VAT on stuff from outside the EU which, come 2022, changes so that UK would be collecting for EU.
I remember that well but then we need to be careful of assumptions. Single window might work for Singapore, where few distinctions were made. CHIEF can be renewed but then again the Issues surrounding the provision of hard and software has always been a bone of contention for the U.K. where providers tend to walk away from problems . One of the good things about chief was it’s override system which didn’t interfere with non contentious freight and provided COW . However it’s worth noting that the tariff headings were already in existence back in the 70’s to provide the stats required by the treasury, They predate, the “Harmonised Tarriff” by some measure. More to the point we have rights in the issue that go back to Common market days. But then we got rid of many of the trained staff didn’t we...... to comply with the EU8O

My service started in 1976.