Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The Brexit Consequences Thread

It's just yet another disappointment, along with the twigs we were promised.
Along with the starvation!

I over eat and drink last Christmas thinking it was the last chance for a decent meal and bottle of wine but it seems I can still buy both. My waist is not thanking the remaining liars

Not a more deserving person would I wish a super STD upon.
His wife would scare a Super STD into oblivion - here she is without as much makeup as she usually wears:

asCI8ql.jpg

Last edited:
Indeed, it was your barbed comment that followed!
What's barbed? It's a simple statement of fact. The agreement gave us two years to sort stuff out; it's on the CAA (and the Government) to fix things up. If we don't succeed in having a regulatory framework in place by then, things might be a touch awkward for a while - but that's up to us, no-one else to blame. Did you read the CAA summary of the agreement that I linked?

Being an EU supporter doesn't mean that I think everything the EU does is good, or everything that's happened with Brexit is bad. Likewise, a Brexit supporter like yourself would probably acknowledge that not everything that the EU does is bad, nor that everything about Brexit has been sunny uplands.

That was allways going to be the case with the grown ups in the room.
EASA was basically a british construct and despite what One of the Strange , slackbag and a few frothing others insisted, as long as the third rate politicos of the commission were told to keep their nose out ,alignment of rules and procedures shouldn’t be difficult .
imho.
Nail head.

And for any poster to claim that the various Brexit threads were not riddled with un-caveatted predictions of aviation disaster, in the full range of possible outcomes, not just the "no deal" scenario from the usual suspects is, frankly, laughable and a strong contender for the Sir Kier Starmer Memorial Prize for Hindsight.

Nail head.

And for any poster to claim that the various Brexit threads were not riddled with un-caveatted predictions of aviation disaster, in the full range of possible outcomes, not just the "no deal" scenario from the usual suspects is, frankly, laughable and a strong contender for the Sir Kier Starmer Memorial Prize for Hindsight.
Let’s not forget that Eire and the rest of the EU we’re going to remove the ability to fly over their airspace...... because as we all know, the International Civil Aviation Authority is an EU led organisation.

Oh wait a minute, it’s not.

should we just say that project fear tried to scare us into voting one way?

I’m still waiting for our inability to deal with a global pandemic outside of the EU, an out break of super gonorrhoea caused by Kent becoming the worlds largest dogging site.

I know that @One_of_the_strange and @Graculus will never ever admit that things haven’t planned out as bad as they predicted, other than a hiccup in fish exports to a locked down continent with media reports being coordinated by a fish wholesaler who is a major financial contributor to the SNP.

However, even my oppo at work who was dead against the U.K. leaving the EU asked me the other day why things have been nowhere near as bad as they said they’d be because he can’t even think of one negative. ) we’re exporting more to the EU and non EU countries than ever before.....we can’t keep up and that’s even factoring into account the mass exodus of Eastern European workers who have left the U.K. and vine back home who I cheerily say hello to every day as they still seem to be here. (I tell a lie, we did loose one. But he was always planning to go back to Poland but has been very grateful for the £2.5k relocation grant to allow illegal immigrants to go back home. With hindsight maybe they shouldn’t have introduced that cash cow until after told EU Citiziems had registered residency. I mean if somebody’s going to give you £2.5k for not filling in some paper work to make a journey you we’re going to make anyway, why would you fill it in?